MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:22 am
Well its called Live for some reason...
It's aimed at portability and live performance, read akai presentation.
So it makes sense it lacks an arp gate.
Am I wrong?
Bymember04959388 Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am
Well it's called Live for some reason...
It's advertised by akai for its portability and for live performances.
Right?
So it really makes sense it lacks an arp gate which is nowaday used a lot in electronic music and live performances.
Am I wrong?
By starmanwarz Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm
RAH DA N. O. C. is always right, therefore you are wrong.

HIS needs are covered, therefore the machine is in perfect condition and in no need of other features.

Sorry.
By richie Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 pm
starmanwarz wrote:RAH DA N. O. C. is always right, therefore you are wrong.
HIS needs are covered, therefore the machine is in perfect condition and in no need of other features.
Sorry.

I've always felt that Danoc has been a strong advocate for the needs of others on here. If a user has the audacity to complain about the midi clock sync issues, it makes perfect sense to chime in with something completely unrelate-able in attempt to nullify the original posters issue.

A perfect analogy would be that if you posted that you're not feeling well and I told you that can't be because I'm feeling great, clearly you're the one who is in the wrong. Again, fix your f*cking attitude. :lol:
Last edited by richie on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By richie Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:45 pm
starmanwarz wrote:My sarcasm detector has run out of batteries, BRB need to search for the truth :lol:

Not at all sure what you mean? Please let me know if there is anything I have stated that is unclear, I do not mind clarifying myself in the spirit of community growth.
By starmanwarz Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm
richie wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:My sarcasm detector has run out of batteries, BRB need to search for the truth :lol:

Not at all sure what you mean? Please let me know if there is anything I have stated that is unclear, I do not mind clarifying myself in the spirit of community growth.

Re-read your second paragraph while I'm looking for batteries
By richie Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Re-read your second paragraph while I'm looking for batteries

As far as I am concerned, a sarcasm detector does not require batteries therefor yours does not require batteries.
By Danoc Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 pm
It's called the MPC Live but by its name doesn't default to it having an arp gate as a must have.

Hey take it to Akai they migjt listen and put it there.

How many or what other drum machine brand has arp in it? I don't know cause l only use the Akai machines.

Peace

Frisbi wrote:Well it's called Live for some reason...
It's advertised by akai for its portability and for live performances.
Right?
So it really makes sense it lacks an arp gate which is nowaday used a lot in electronic music and live performances.
Am I wrong?
Bymember04959388 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm
Well it shouldn't be Just a drum machine. They say It's a complete workstation.
Hopefully they will implement it in new updates. Also I would love to see a side chain and a transient shaper.
Anyway I think I am going to buy it and use a laptop to have different options.
Are you happy with mpc live?
By Cockdiesel Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:17 pm
It has a transient shaper effect on it.
I don’t think you’d be disappointed with it, there’s nothing quite like it. Spend the 100 on a key step if you really need an arp, but it’s basic. The key step and live combo is about as Portable le as it gets. One usb chord and some head phones and you’re good to go. You can also get a used key step for like 40 bucks from guitar center.
By Danoc Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:07 pm
Oh its more than a mere drum machine. Its a drum machine/computer/sequencer.

The software is dope too. You get free Air instruments and Air effects.
Plus l got this baby running side by side with Reason 10 perfectly. I'm doing music faster and a sweet work flow. I was begging for this since 09'.

I love this machine, best purchase this year.

Frisbi wrote:Well it shouldn't be Just a drum machine. They say It's a complete workstation.
Hopefully they will implement it in new updates. Also I would love to see a side chain and a transient shaper.
Anyway I think I am going to buy it and use a laptop to have different options.
Are you happy with mpc live?
By Danoc Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 pm
I couldn't agree with you more :worthy:

Cockdiesel wrote:It has a transient shaper effect on it.
I don’t think you’d be disappointed with it, there’s nothing quite like it. Spend the 100 on a key step if you really need an arp, but it’s basic. The key step and live combo is about as Portable le as it gets. One usb chord and some head phones and you’re good to go. You can also get a used key step for like 40 bucks from guitar center.
Bymember04959388 Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 pm
Ok great.
Its what I wanted to hear.
What is a key step?