MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:32 am
Make your own and save it as a template.
By Databomb Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:25 am
Good idea! LIST EDIT worked perfectly! Thanks for the help. I just needed to see what Pad 11 was set to. This way I can map my BopPad to match.
By Databomb Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:51 am
Oh yea the other reason I didn't want to make my own is cause I want it to match what the default set up is. Pad A04 is MIDI note #82. That's crazy. Bottom row looks like this 37 - 36 - 42 - 82. Hahahah!
By Lampdog Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:56 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:...it's been that way since the very first MPC60.

Yep, always. I always had to make a template with correct notes when making kybd programs.
By justineastwick Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:20 pm
Lampdog wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:...it's been that way since the very first MPC60.

Yep, always. I always had to make a template with correct notes when making kybd programs.

You wouldn’t happen to have a blank copy of the template you made? I’m having some trouble mapping mine out with the correct notes.
By Lampdog Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 am
What trouble are you having?

I don’t have a new mpc.

Mine are 2kxl and 4k.

I’d rather you not get your templates from me.

I worked to make them work. I think you should too, get to know your machine better. Nothing replaces the satisfaction of your own work.
By Gill T. Azell Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:04 pm
Im trying to make a program which has Bank A mapped to match a TR-8. Ive gone into controller mode and via the GUI, changed the mapping for each pad and then saved the project and the program. While in Controller mode the pads trigger the updated CC values as expected (Pad01 = 36). Once I switch back to standalone mode however, the pads go back to their original values.(Pad01 = 0) Am I missing something? Can anyone confirm that this should work? Running 2.0.8 SW and 2.0.7 FW
By Lampdog Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 pm
Until you can solve this I'd make 2 templates, one for controller and one for stand alone.

Controller mode is software, mapping isn't "shared" between them I'm guessing.
I could be way wrong but they don't share is what I'm thinking.
By Gill T. Azell Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:39 pm
Lampdog wrote:Until you can solve this I'd make 2 templates, one for controller and one for stand alone.

Controller mode is software, mapping isn't "shared" between them I'm guessing.
I could be way wrong but they don't share is what I'm thinking.

Thanks for the quick reply :-D

So how would you go about creating a template for standalone mode? Is there another process for doing this?
By Lampdog Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:07 pm
I don't have a X or live. I would have thought there was a way to do this. There isn't a way?

The one you made in software, can you get it from computer and load it into stand alone then?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:13 pm
If you create your custom mapped program in the MPC Software, save it and when you load it in standalone the custom MIDI assignments should be remembered, but only for that particular program. You have to use that program as the template for all your new programs - any programs you create from 'new' in standalone will have the default mapping.