MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 pm
Anyone using expansions with mpc live?
I was watching on ebay, there are many different expansions for any mpc and as I understood they are compatible with live.
But it's hard to understand which are good or not.
I was mostly looking for premapped synth sounds, something that comes ready to be played with pad or midi keyboard.
Any suggestions about brands or sites where I can find them?
Anyone tried the original akai packages like pulse or the ones in akai official page?
By Cockdiesel Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:31 pm
At the top of this site is a link to a whole website dedicated to samples and programs.
Mpc-samples.com I believe
Bymember04959388 Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 pm
Did you try them?
By Coz Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 pm
Frisbi wrote:I was mostly looking for premapped synth sounds, something that comes ready to be played with pad or midi keyboard.
Any suggestions about brands or sites where I can find them?

I made these three packs specifically to be playable from the MPC. Available as part of a bundle or separately.

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... th-triple/

Another alternative is to find some single cycle waveforms (loads out there if you look), and play around with creating your own instruments. Other than that, you can convert most popular formats into .akp files to use in the MPC. It's headache inducing but worth it if you have enough sounds to warrant buying the software to do it. 8)
By thehost250 Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:02 am
If the OP is asking about the Akai expansions I have a few of them and they are very good. They do have demos to listen to first before you buy. A few of them have downloaded demos you can try out and get a feel for. They do work with Live or the X for sure. I have the X and a friend has the Live. You simply drag them from the root folder to the hard drive (internal or external not the included one) and that's it. They have something on their site to show you where the root folder is if you don't know.