MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Carmichael84 Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:32 am
Is it possible to send Aftertouch to a CV Out on the MPC X on a CV track?

It's the one thing really making me consider picking up an Expert Sleepers FH-1 or something to integrate with modular / CV synths...
By wavejockey Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:48 am
in the manual there is only note and velocity that outputs CV
maybe someone with a X can confirm please?

-AKAI should expand the possibilities on CV, now they're missing BIG
By Carmichael84 Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 pm
Yeah I couldn't figure it out so far, kind of a bummer really.

Guess maybe I'll look into a midi > cv box / module. Would be nice to have more than 8 cv channels.
By Carmichael84 Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 pm
Yeah, was trying to get aftertouch working on my modular working with the cv outs on the MPC X.

So far no dice.

I can't even get aftertouch to work over midi. Hopefully they add the support for it in an update.
By Carmichael84 Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:28 am
So correction to above post. I could pass aftertouch from the MPC x pads (via midi not cv), but it's not passing aftertouch when using a keyboard.
By Moho Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 am
It may be passing aftertouch but not for the correct notes,
I had a similar situation where I thought the aftertouch wasn't being passed from keyboard through the mpc and out to the module but I could see the midi status light come on when I used aftertouch,
so I recorded 1 note c3 with the pads with varying aftertouch, all fine module reacted to it as it should, checked list edit and there was the note c3 followed by lots of entries of c3 aftertouch.
Then I tried the same thing using external keys, module didn't react, so looked at the list edit and there was the entry for note c3 but was then followed lots of entries for aftertouch c0 :hmmm:
I then checked the keys straight to the module, that was fine so it wasn't the keys putting out the c0 aftertouch message.

This may be the mpc's way of converting / aggregating poly aftertouch into channel pressure ie mono aftertouch where any aftertouch on any keys effects all, which is fair enough if the mpc recorded the pads the same but it doesn't.

So if you want to use a keyboard to play your modules through the mpc check if they have poly aftertouch, if they do then you may be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis :Sigh: