MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By turbo46 Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:35 pm
Danoc wrote:
turbo46 wrote:Is it me or the summing is different of the DAW? More powerful

Explain which DAW you're talking and the summing

Mean about the quality of processing files/vst. Tried processing them on DAW like Ableton or FL Studio isn't the same "sound"
By Danny Scott Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:40 pm
Cool vid Bro. I just browsed through. I gotta check out the whole thing when I have time.

Just curious. Is there any reason why you have the Kick and Perc in stereo?

Also, do you find that Reason's stock drums sound are knockin enough? I love Reason but sometimes the samples are a little weak. I think Reason works so flawlessly because many of the samples are about 1 meg or less.

Danoc wrote:I did a video on this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LYDu4wdqqr4&t=1601s

Danny Scott wrote:Great post Danoc!

I would also add that it's goos to have multiple busses like a Drum buss, Synth buss, Vocs buss, etc.

This way you can have complete control over the volume, compression and eq, etc of your drum kit, bass, and so on. My tracks are played on TV. I must be doing something right :-).

Peace from Strong Island!
By Danoc Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:32 pm
What up twin.

Well l work in a noise floor free environment and lm able to use my drums like that and not clash with my bass or sounds. Im inside the box thats the advantage. I will never go outside the nox again.being ITB is so sweet lm not willing to give that up. Percussion in stereo because the sound is on both sides of the ear and to capture it on both sides gotta stay stereo.

Reason stock drums l don't use them. IMO they are not up to par with what l want to hear. I make my own drums and have been sound designing drums since 94'.
Reason sounds are nice and the third party refills are really dope. Plus the rack extensions are really dope. Props got with other companies like Sound Iron. I got some Orch stuff that is bananas.

Danny Scott wrote:Cool vid Bro. I just browsed through. I gotta check out the whole thing when I have time.

Just curious. Is there any reason why you have the Kick and Perc in stereo?

Also, do you find that Reason's stock drums sound are knockin enough? I love Reason but sometimes the samples are a little weak. I think Reason works so flawlessly because many of the samples are about 1 meg or less.
Last edited by Danoc on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:39 am
Hmmm l don't know. I have neither DAW

turbo46 wrote:Mean about the quality of processing files/vst. Tried processing them on DAW like Ableton or FL Studio isn't the same "sound"
By Danoc Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:46 am
:WTF: :shock: @Danny Scott. Did you see the new Regroover by AccuSonus? Its Free! Man that thing is sweet. I got mines and my serial number. Its for S1.

If you have a loop drag and drop it into S1 bring up Regoover and it analyze it then breaks it into stems. Thats crazy. Akai need to put that in their software. You can also revamp the drum pattern, its insane.

5 easy steps to get started with Regroover!
Open up Regroover in a DAW midi channel/track.

1. Import a drum loop and Regroover will split it into Layers

2. Start your DAW's playback (Regroover will play in sync by default)

3. Adjust the layer start and end positions to instantly remix your loop.

4. Adjust the Layers' controls and effects and remix your beats in seconds!
By escapetheclouds Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:29 pm
I just got my MPC LIve a few weeks ago, with the intent of doing everything "in the box" as much as possible. I've recorded three albums and a couple EPs using my DAW, but I wanted something really portable where I could record, edit, mix, etc. easily. So, far I'm really pleased with this machine. I haven't even installed the MPC Software yet.

Here's the first project I recorded on it, to teach myself how to use the machine. I make steampunk-inspired music, so I write a lot about airships, adventures, and such, and cross a lot of musical genres. This one has more of a straight-up rock sound to it and is in 3/4 time.

Here are the elements.
  • Guitar: Two guitar tracks, recorded with absolutely no effects. All distortion/etc. is from the MPC Live.
  • Vocals: Two tracks, recorded clean as well, except for the background vocal track, which was recorded using a TC Helicon harmonizer to get the differently pitched harmonies.
  • Bass: I created a Keygroup instrument by sampling my Kala Ubass (ukulele bass, which, when plugged in, sounds like an upright bass).
  • Drums: A heavily tweaked version of the MPC-Samples Pro Studio Kit.
  • Piano: Stock MPC Live piano sound, tweaked a little bit.
  • Synth stutter: Keygroup instrument made by sampling my Korg Volca Keys.

Everything was mixed inside the machine, using headphones and exported as a single WAV file inside the box. No track explosion. The only after-processing I did was putting the single exported raw .WAV file through a Hard Limiter in Adobe Audition.

To answer if you can mix entirely in the MPC Live/X, I think it's a definite "yes". Getting decent results takes some trial and error and the occasional workaround, but it can be done.
By Danoc Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:51 pm
:worthy: Dammm dude sounds freakin good. Just get that distorted gtr from bumping into your main vocal and you're good.

I told people it could be done. Just take a little time. I wish Akai would make a dedicated single fader for both machines so we could get the real feel of a fader and knobs. That would be sweet

escapetheclouds wrote:I just got my MPC LIve a few weeks ago, with the intent of doing everything "in the box" as much as possible. I've recorded three albums and a couple EPs using my DAW, but I wanted something really portable where I could record, edit, mix, etc. easily. So, far I'm really pleased with this machine. I haven't even installed the MPC Software yet.

Here's the first project I recorded on it, to teach myself how to use the machine. I make steampunk-inspired music, so I write a lot about airships, adventures, and such, and cross a lot of musical genres. This one has more of a straight-up rock sound to it and is in 3/4 time.

Here are the elements.
  • Guitar: Two guitar tracks, recorded with absolutely no effects. All distortion/etc. is from the MPC Live.
  • Vocals: Two tracks, recorded clean as well, except for the background vocal track, which was recorded using a TC Helicon harmonizer to get the differently pitched harmonies.
  • Bass: I created a Keygroup instrument by sampling my Kala Ubass (ukulele bass, which, when plugged in, sounds like an upright bass).

Everything was mixed inside the machine, using headphones and exported as a single WAV file inside the box. No track explosion. The only after-processing I did was putting the single exported raw .WAV file through a Hard Limiter in Adobe Audition.

To answer if you can mix entirely in the MPC Live/X, I think it's a definite "yes". Getting decent results takes some trial and error and the occasional workaround, but it can be done.
By kaydigi Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:14 pm
escapetheclouds wrote:I just got my MPC LIve a few weeks ago, with the intent of doing everything "in the box" as much as possible. I've recorded three albums and a couple EPs using my DAW, but I wanted something really portable where I could record, edit, mix, etc. easily. So, far I'm really pleased with this machine. I haven't even installed the MPC Software yet.

Here are the elements.

Thumbs up
By Danny Scott Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:40 am
Hey Brother,

Wow! that is awesome.

I never used loops because I couldn't get total control of the individual drums across my board.

I am definately gonna check this out.

Thanks for the tip.

Danoc wrote::WTF: :shock: @Danny Scott. Did you see the new Regroover by AccuSonus? Its Free! Man that thing is sweet. I got mines and my serial number. Its for S1.

If you have a loop drag and drop it into S1 bring up Regoover and it analyze it then breaks it into stems. Thats crazy. Akai need to put that in their software. You can also revamp the drum pattern, its insane.

5 easy steps to get started with Regroover!
Open up Regroover in a DAW midi channel/track.

1. Import a drum loop and Regroover will split it into Layers

2. Start your DAW's playback (Regroover will play in sync by default)

3. Adjust the layer start and end positions to instantly remix your loop.

4. Adjust the Layers' controls and effects and remix your beats in seconds!
By Danoc Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:57 pm
Yo Danny it says it was over on July 1.

So l looked on google and its saying its still free. Being l have Presonus l was sent this by AccuSonus. I have Essentials but they have where l can upgrade to Pro Regroover. I probably will upgrade. This is a dope tool.

Go here:
https://accusonus.com/products/regroove ... andingPage

THIS IS WHAT IT SAID.

That thing is the truth. I just seen an hour long video on it. Its off the crap chain! If the Live/X had that IT WOULD BE OVER!

Danny Scott wrote:@Danoc,

Just checked it out. There is nothing on their site showing it's free but it seems worth the price anyway.
By Danoc Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:19 pm
I would chop loops into single hits and bring them into the Live and make new patterns. We have lazy chop but that Regroover is anothet beast
By Danoc Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:46 pm
Yeah the freebie is over then. If l can't do everything l saw in the video lm going Pro. That thing saves you tons of time in cutting drum up

Danny Scott wrote:I have Presonus too. I don't recall getting it.

If I look on the link you gave me, they have a 14 day free trial and essentials is $99.00. Still a good deal!