MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:17 am
Holly crap lol if its wack he walks away lol dam classic lmao :lol:

Ill-Green wrote:
Danoc wrote:Man your dog is making some beats on your machine lol why he gotta grab the Live twice? :shock: Soon as he heard you he played like he was sleep lol

Arrab Dog Musik lmao

:lol: :lol: you know, I can believe that, he watches TV and opens doors. A real Snoopy. If I got a dope beat going on, he stays and sleeps but if its wack, he'll give me a dirty look and walk away. :-D
By Danoc Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:24 am
Don't know about the keygroup thingy. But you should get a usb thumb drive or an external drive to save your music files.

Gnome Tone wrote:
One more thing, I thought I read that key groups using an external keyboard to play polyphonic samples in standalone was not possible, only in 2.0. Is this true?

And also, I'll probably work in standalone mode to get familiar with the machine, is there 2 gigs of storage for whatever work I might get done until I purchase a new computer? Or is that operating memory? 10 gigs of storage, 2 gigs for ram, wouldn't that leave 4 gigs out of 16? Anyhow, just thinking out loud.

I'm giving myself two weeks to get my room finished, once it's done..... The X will be my newest member of my noise making assembly. Pretty excited to check it out!
By Gnome Tone Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 pm
tbeltrans wrote:2 weeks? That is quick. I am currently using my MPCX on a TV tray until I get my studio set up. I live in a condo, where space is a premium, so I have to clean out my garage storage locker, move stuff from my den into that, and then I can set things up. It will take more than two weeks to get that done. :lol:

Tony

LOL
By Gnome Tone Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:27 pm
Danoc wrote:Take pics and posthem in the thread l created. :-)

Will do! Once the room is ready to go I'll take some glamour shots. LOL
By Cockdiesel Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:05 pm
I’m pretty sure the key groups are poly in stand alone as well. Although some programs might be mono like bass, leads.
By Coz Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:47 pm
Gnome Tone wrote:One more thing, I thought I read that key groups using an external keyboard to play polyphonic samples in standalone was not possible, only in 2.0. Is this true?

No, that's complete bollocks.
By sinik Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 am
as the software seems to evolve, im thinking of ditching my LIVE for the X. i just miss that hands-on control that i had on my 2500..

as a former 2500 user, i wonder if the X is still give me that compact feel where every knob sits in its perfect place and is reachable whitin no time.
also, how much can u do from the controller, without using the touchscreen? is there a dedicated button for grid edit or quantize?

and is the screen so bloody big that it's distracting or is it just fine?

thanks for some clarification
By sinik Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm
sinik wrote:im thinking of ditching my LIVE for the X. reason: i just miss that hands-on control feeling that i had on my 2500 with the jjos. the layout on jjos was so nice you could navigate blindly.

as a former 2500 user, i wonder if the X will also give me that intuitive hardware layout where every knob sits in its perfect place and everything is reachable within no time.

im still aware of a few things:
– how much can u do from the controller, without using the touchscreen?

– is there a dedicated button for grid edit or quantize?

– can you shift notes in grid edit with the locate buttons and navigate trough the grid edit with the cursor?

peace

nobody? :hmmm:
By Ill-Green Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:25 pm
Well, I been watching the MPCX and read a few threads here and outside. Always got that possibility in my head of "what if.." I bought the X instead of the Live.

From what I read, the panel buttons do justice but some buttons are in weird places different than legacy MPCs like the 4k and even the 5k. It threw a few old MPC users off their usual flow with the flagship.

Not the end of the world but maybe you should demo an X before making that purchase. Also Tubedigga got an X now, so wait for his full review in a week or so.
By Certified Beatz Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:02 am
sinik wrote:
sinik wrote:im thinking of ditching my LIVE for the X. reason: i just miss that hands-on control feeling that i had on my 2500 with the jjos. the layout on jjos was so nice you could navigate blindly.

as a former 2500 user, i wonder if the X will also give me that intuitive hardware layout where every knob sits in its perfect place and everything is reachable within no time.

im still aware of a few things:
– how much can u do from the controller, without using the touchscreen?

– is there a dedicated button for grid edit or quantize?

– can you shift notes in grid edit with the locate buttons and navigate trough the grid edit with the cursor?

peace

nobody? :hmmm:

Man i have to just tell it to i straight up get the X.. i have been a long time MPC jinkie to a use 3000 one years old to a 2000 then the 2500 which i hated even with JJOS. Limited then i jumped to maschine studio boughtthe K61 keybaord it was a hugh learning curve.. never could adapte with the squencer and the screwed up software. Altho there expanaions are on point spent about 6 grand with all the plugins and expanaions kust never worked or maybe because my skillset was always akai. Then i bought the X just cant say enough except the software should work as a plugin in a daw with other vst so you can record into the X .. this is the only flaw thati have..
By Danoc Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:14 am
I say get the X too.
I got the Live but when l put it tilt it feels like the X lol. The machines are built to last its up to you how you take of it. I keep mines away from people and keep it cool.
By summer2k Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:15 pm
I bought the X. For my needs, it is perfect. I only use it in the lab or sometimes roll it to another room on the Onstage stand it sits on. So outside portability was not a requirement for me which is why I did not get the Live. That's the only advantage the Live has over the X. Everything else the X trumps the Live.

I mainly use the X in standalone mode during the early stages of producing a track so the extra knobs, buttons and bigger screen definitely makes it that much easier to work without the use of a computer. I'll connect the X to the 2.0 software if I need access to my VST plugins or when I need to bounce my tracks to Cubase 9.5 or Reason 10 for final mixing and mastering.

The X for the win in my opinion...YMMV. :nod: