MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Smackdee Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 pm
I mean you'll have to buy it bro lol get one used for a couple hun, iOS apps are really dope at this point and cheap....
Hardware wise check out all the Roland boutique stuff or the old sound canvas modules.... The Jdxi could get in that mix too....
By justineastwick Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:01 am
Smackdee wrote:I mean you'll have to buy it bro lol get one used for a couple hun, iOS apps are really dope at this point and cheap....
Hardware wise check out all the Roland boutique stuff or the old sound canvas modules.... The Jdxi could get in that mix too....

I found something on eBay: it’s the MidiPlus miniEngine USB MIDI Sound Module ($60). Plays basic GM sounds.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:54 am
justineastwick wrote:
Smackdee wrote:iPad can be a total solution for all sounds!

No iPad unfortunately... Only have an iPhone.

Serious fail.

They use a lot of the same apps. Iphone is your most powerful no cost (because you already have it) sound module right now and you don’t even realize it. So many free apps that can be used as sound modules.

Of course, for midi you’ll have to get an interface. I use iconnect midi.

By marctronixx Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 am
you have a world class sound module in your hand! the iphone. I am a die hard android fanboi and even I bought an ipad just for the fact that it has so many studio quality music apps! I have tons of apps just for music. get a midi interface, a cck kit and you have all you need!

that was my main reason for getting the live and X. on the go, i have the live, a mpc bluetooth 25 key keyboard, arturia audiofuse, ipad pro 2 and i have everything i need when the creative spark presents itself.
By justineastwick Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:29 pm
Okay, cool. I’ll look into getting that dongle and downloading an app on my iPhone. Thanks guys. One other question: saw that Roland and Korg have modules in the App Store. Would like to know if they come with the basic GM sounds. I saw that Korg’s module has mostly pianos. I would like a variety of sounds - brass, strings, pianos and synths...