MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ssnochevy Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm
UPDATE:

I opened a warranty inquiry online on 01/09 but decided to call Akai directly and speak with customer service on 01/11. After I described the issues that I was experiencing , the customer service rep checked their inventory for another unit and told me that they would send me a new unit (after asking for my name, email address, date of purchase, vendor I purchased from, and the serial number of the unit)

He emailed me a shipping label and directions. Akai actually shipped me a new unit immediately and I just received it yesterday 01/18. I waited until I received the replacement unit before shipping the defective unit back lol.

The replacement MPC seems to be working perfectly - tested it with and without my SSD with no issues. Hopefully there will be no issues in the future!

That said, under normal circumstances - repair turn around time is 2-4 weeks after they receive your MPC.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Thanks MPC Family

-SS
By tbeltrans Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm
Good to hear you got satisfaction with your Live. I would be curious to know if there is ANY firmware differences. If so, there may well be an update at some point for other X/Live users.

Tony
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:28 pm
ssnochevy wrote:Hey all - I wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing the issues that I have been dealing with since day one.

No sound at all
Touchscreen stops responding after i load a new project
Midway through playing a sequence, the MPC stops and wont play anything

My expectation was that firmware updates would fix these issues, but no matter what, they always comeback. I've tried reinstalling the firmware and that stops the issues temporarily but they come back eventually.

The only solution I have at the moment is restarting and sometimes it takes multiple restarts to get everything to work properly.

I'm not here to **** about my MPC Live because when it works, it works beautifully. My question is, for those who have experienced similar issues -

Has sending it back to Akai for warranty repair worked out favorably or did you encounter the issues with a repaired unit? Also, what is Akai's turnaround time for repair?

Do you believe this is a hardware issue or firmware issue? (if its a firmware issue then i'll wait for the fix)

We all know its buggy as **** lol but these particular issues are a huge thorn in my plans for world domination

- SS

The only problem I have had with it so far is the screen freezing, but it only happened when operating The Live on Battery power, and it only happened once.
By ssnochevy Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:40 am
tbeltrans wrote:Good to hear you got satisfaction with your Live. I would be curious to know if there is ANY firmware differences. If so, there may well be an update at some point for other X/Live users.

Tony

Thanks Tony....my replacement MPC Live arrived with firmware 2.5. I thought it was strange that it wasn't the latest but no complaints from me. Definitely would've been cool if it arrived with a new, unreleased firmware version lol
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:31 pm
2.0.7 is the latest firmware..
ssnochevy wrote:
tbeltrans wrote:Good to hear you got satisfaction with your Live. I would be curious to know if there is ANY firmware differences. If so, there may well be an update at some point for other X/Live users.

Tony

Thanks Tony....my replacement MPC Live arrived with firmware 2.5. I thought it was strange that it wasn't the latest but no complaints from me. Definitely would've been cool if it arrived with a new, unreleased firmware version lol
By ssnochevy Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 pm
[quote="Yorgos Arabatzis"]2.0.7 is the latest firmware..

Obvious Typo....but for the sake of clarity - it came with 2.0.5...an older firmware and not 2.0.7, the latest.

CHEERS
By Danoc Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Did you down load 2.0.7 and install it and put 2.0.8 for your software? Maybe you don't use the software.

I put mines in last week and I am happy with both the firmware and software upgrades. Everything is tight and on point. I'm hoping 2.1 be on point also. Akai looks like they are trying.

ssnochevy wrote:
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:2.0.7 is the latest firmware..

Obvious Typo....but for the sake of clarity - it came with 2.0.5...an older firmware and not 2.0.7, the latest.

CHEERS
By Coz Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Did they send out a new one for you like the other guy?

I had to return it to the shop I bought it from, and from there I don’t think it ever made it back to Akai. There’s a bit of head scratching going on at the minute but I’m assured a brand new one if it doesn’t turn up. :popcorn:
By Danoc Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:36 pm
Fat chance lol

Cockdiesel wrote:Maybe they might be able to upgrade you to a x for the troubles.
By rageone Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 pm
if they were to remove stuff from the mpc x software that is useless on the mpc live they could start with the cv switch, it`s useless anyway :D