MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Moog77 Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am
Hi all,

my name is Christoph, new user from Heidelberg, Germany.

I just acquired my MPC Live about a week ago. Standalone use exclusively so far (would love to keep it that way if possible). This is a mighty machine! I got quite some miles on different midi setups, controlling synthesizers in and out of Cubase and Logic so I am not entirely noobish...
Yesterday I started experimenting with the seaboard block. Pairing was fast and easy, getting MIDI to playback as well, no hassle. But somehow I am stuck with getting any deeper.

The onboard Midi Setup inside the MPC seems to be quite shallow, or isn‘t it? I can‘t even find a switch for adjusting things like pitch bending range etc. Am I missing anything?

I‘m reluctant to go on and connect the Device to my Mac, having to install tons of software, pulling cables everywhere so I thought I‘d ask before doing so.

Maybe all my questions are answered in the MPC bible? I‘d buy it in a heartbeat if it were so...

I‘d really appreciate your help!

Bests,

Christoph.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Moog77 wrote:The onboard Midi Setup inside the MPC seems to be quite shallow, or isn‘t it? I can‘t even find a switch for adjusting things like pitch bending range etc. Am I missing anything?

'PROGRAM EDIT > LFO MODULATION' - you can configure pitch bend range, wheel modulation and aftertouch here.