MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Moog77 Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am
Hi,

after receiving the perfect info to my last question ( viewtopic.php?f=48&t=184621 ) which made it possible to wirelessly connect my seaboard block to the MPC and send part of the 5D Controls to the internal MPC Instruments there‘s another thing I can‘t seem to work out by myself. In fact I read articles on the web stating this hasn‘t been implemented (yet?).

Is the MPC capable of sending MIDI data via bluetooth?

This would enable me to use IOS Synths like Animoog, record and alter control changes and sample the results into an audio track without having to connect via physical IOS to MIDI adapter.

It may sound a bit lazy but since I travel a lot, I like to keep my footprint as well as setup time as small as possible...

Bests,

Christoph.
By Moog77 Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:02 pm
Hi Ill-Green,

it receives MIDI via BT just fine, I just can‘t make it send. Guess I‘ll keep fiddlin a little more...
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:58 pm
:( bad news Moog77, does not work. Akai only implemented the recieving part but not the sending. This is official word from Akai:

Akai Pro wrote:The MPC Live's Bluetooth has the capability of receiving incoming MIDI data from an external device but does not send MIDI data out. As of right now, I do not see this being implemented in a future update.
:fku:
By Moog77 Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Ill-green: too bad... I thought so, the MPC didn‘t show up as MIDI device anywhere in my BT connections. Thank you for looking it up!

Atomageddon: would be grand to just stick the standard USB to lightning cable I use for charging into the MPC and go...

So far the only workaround seems to be something like the iRig MIDI - a bit pricey though.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:13 pm
There’s an iPad interface by Alesis. It’s like 70 bucks, and only draw back is no inputs Into the iPad. There are ones with in and out and midi but they are closer to 100/150.
By Moog77 Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 pm
The iRig MIDI 2 is somewhere in that range as well, has In/Out/Thru and is powered by the device. I guess I‘ll get one and try if it works out...
By Cockdiesel Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:11 pm
Does the headphone jack sound good?

I mean if you’re going to get a midi interface then why not get one with 1/4 “ outs? I get the mobility part with just an iPad, live and one cord but is it optimal?
By Icepulse Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:59 am
If I wanted to $&@#% with all that stuff, I’d stick w/ my Mac! Just sample in and whack those pads!