MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By djhighfly Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello friends,

i thought about getting more mobility for the mpc live and my turntables.
Four weeks of work and the result is a huge boombox with 10 speaker (4 subwoofer) for the MPC Live and other stuff.

Everything works fine with a 18000mAh powerbank, i was surprised, how long (and loud) it can play, at least more than 10 hours. My first test was the new-year evening.

How do you like the idea?

i´ve written a german "tutorial" for it at: http://www.britcore.net/wordpress/boombox-diy/

Here is a short video (a better one will follow):

By Lampdog Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:23 pm
OUTSTANDING mobile DJ setup!

Rumbling, you can use 2 firm pads with soft foam in between like an Oreo cookie.
By Danoc Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 pm
DOPE-A-LICIOUS!!! Sweet setup. :smoker:

djhighfly wrote:Image

Hello friends,

i thought about getting more mobility for the mpc live and my turntables.
Four weeks of work and the result is a huge boombox with 10 speaker (4 subwoofer) for the MPC Live and other stuff.

Everything works fine with a 18000mAh powerbank, i was surprised, how long (and loud) it can play, at least more than 10 hours. My first test was the new-year evening.

How do you like the idea?

i´ve written a german "tutorial" for it at: http://www.britcore.net/wordpress/boombox-diy/

Here is a short video (a better one will follow):

By djhighfly Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:06 am
Ill-Green wrote:Nice, put some graphics on it soon too.

thanks! behind the link i've posted is a complete article with the building procedure with many pictures :)

ah sorry now i understand, you mean stickers etc. right?
By Ill-Green Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm
djhighfly wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Nice, put some graphics on it soon too.

thanks! behind the link i've posted is a complete article with the building procedure with many pictures :)

ah sorry now i understand, you mean stickers etc. right?

Yes, you good. I loved that someone made a nice station for the Live. I'm good with wood too and built this "Super-Stand" for my Live a few months back. Its a little water damaged from the hurricane but it'll be back up and running again in a few weeks.

By Ill-Green Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm
djhighfly wrote:that´s nice!

my first thought was: david jones organ from "pirates of the Caribbean" ;)

:lol: :lol: Yeah I have a love for organs ever since I saw the Doors perform live (pre-recorded) on PBS as a child. It made me react crazy in good ways.

:o you got dope skills on the turntable! That was nice.