MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cmackg Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 pm
It looks like the OP1 only has USB Midi, so there's no way to play it with the LIve? Ammi Right? They added MIDI sync and an arpeggiator to it, so there could be some interesting things with the 2 together. But USB midi only?
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 pm
Last I heard, usb to usb from the Live to OP-1, only charges the battery of the OP-1. Icepulse has both, he can shed light on more info. I'm just a traveller.
By RodmanSan Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Can confirm what MeProd says as i have a OP-1 myself....i also use an iConnectMIDI for this.
By d2ba Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:41 pm
OP1 is a toy --its not up to the professional spec of Live or X
By cmackg Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 am
LOL, that's about what the OP1 forum people say about the Live....The MIDI connections on OP1 kind of really suck though, I don't like being tied to USB options.
By Icepulse Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:28 pm
d2ba wrote:OP1 is a toy --its not up to the professional spec of Live or X

I'll take down anyone here w/ an OP-1.

Let's rock a Rhythm Roulette challenge right now.

We'll see what this "toy" can do.
By tbeltrans Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:17 pm
I saw a review on youtube that said, and demonstrated, that the OP-1, while LOOKING like a toy, is really quite powerful and well equipped (so don't let its looks fool anyone). I don't have an OP-1, but the video made a good case for thinking about it. :)

Tony
By Icepulse Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 pm
tbeltrans wrote:I saw a review on youtube that said, and demonstrated, that the OP-1, while LOOKING like a toy, is really quite powerful and well equipped (so don't let its looks fool anyone). I don't have an OP-1, but the video made a good case for thinking about it. :)

Tony

I have dozens of clips on IG showing the badass beats that the OP can turn out. Its filters and compression are grimy AF. Check here —> https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ ... unk/?hl=en
By Icepulse Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Loosecaboose wrote:This one was grimy and great
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb86PWgjEJP ... nibblefunk

nice beats dude!!

Thanks.

As I said in another topic, if I wanted cables and wires and all that BS, I'd stick w/ a good Macbook and a controller. I love the OP for its "all in one" workflow. It's limited in a lot of ways, but much greater stuff than I'll ever create has been done on devices w/ far fewer features. The OP-1 is PERFECT for crunchy lo-fi hip hop, and has a metric ton of synths to add flavor, and round out the package. Mixes to the "album" sound incredibly fat.

18-20 hrs. on a charge, and built like a tank. Goes anywhere.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMeskpighHK/
By Loosecaboose Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 pm
Icepulse wrote:
Loosecaboose wrote:This one was grimy and great
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb86PWgjEJP ... nibblefunk

nice beats dude!!

Thanks.

As I said in another topic, if I wanted cables and wires and all that BS, I'd stick w/ a good Macbook and a controller. I love the OP for its "all in one" workflow. It's limited in a lot of ways, but much greater stuff than I'll ever create has been done on devices w/ far fewer features. The OP-1 is PERFECT for crunchy lo-fi hip hop, and has a metric ton of synths to add flavor, and round out the package. Mixes to the "album" sound incredibly fat.

18-20 hrs. on a charge, and built like a tank. Goes anywhere.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMeskpighHK/

Yeah man, I bought an OP1 recently and love it..

Here are some 1min beats i did on a bus :smoker:

By rageone Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:55 am
offtopic: i think all you people bashing the op are not actually getting it... while the mpc live is a tablet stuffed in a box with a soundcard and a midicontroller and only does sampling and sequencing and stuff (that`s processing pre-recorded sound bits), the op1 does sampling and it ALSO DOES SYNTHESIS... as far as i know it also features a bunch of synthesis types... that means generating sound that you can shape in many ways... and you can also play the notes and they sound naturally, they are being generated, not stretched...

i don`t own an op1 because it`s **** expensive and the mpc live was the obvious decision, i also had legacy mpcs and love the workflow and i would also like an op1 to go along with it... because connecting synths to an mpc is awesome and they are great sampler food!

also, synths are big and chunky or come as **** soundmodules without keys (yay, more cables and shit to connect and set up) so you should **** appreciate a small and portable package like the op1 for what it is cuz it`s something original, fresh and useful (especially if you have an mpc too)

hope i shed some light on the op being a toy for all you haters :))
connect synths to your mpc`s, with midi n sh&t, layer some synth stuff over your beats and then **** around with the knobs, it`s fun :D after you`ve done all your midi part you can just track it in the mpc and use it as a sample... shit you don`t sample from people, shit people will sample you for...