MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By haze3000 Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 pm
it seems the fact that q-link automation can't be recorded while in track mute mode has been brought to dan's attention at gearslutz

i am trying to find out if midi notes can also be recorded while in track mute mode ie from an external device

this would be a basic set of features to use in tandem when recording a performance: track muting, note playing and q-link automation
By haze3000 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 am
got word back from gearslutz that notes can not be recorded while in track mute mode : (

i say this again, do people who make these actually use them?

is this a midi production center or not? how can you record a performance if you can't play notes, do track mutes and turn a few knobs?

smh
By Fanu Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:25 am
haze3000 wrote:i say this again, do people who make these actually use them?

No way. You can tell Akai is not a "by musicians for musicians" company such as Ableton, Elektron etc.
The vibe I've been getting about the new MPCs has been, many times, that the testing / beta period has not been thorough and that heavy users have not been heard.
They're great for playing samples and midi notes, but there's many small things missing.