MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 am
Hi guys, I started this thread for us to speculate about what we can expect from Akai this comming NAMM.
It's held from 25 till 28 Jan in California.

I don't think that there will be an anouncement of new MPC's. But I can imagine that they will anounce some software features for 2.0 that we've been longing for.

What I hope to see is:

1) Track view mode on the hardware just like in controller mode with all the midi and audio wave lanes. :worthy:
2) Automation editing on the hardware. :worthy:
3) Automation of the sub and master busses. :worthy:
4) Swipe from the edge of screen to return to previous screen/menu. :popcorn:
5) Sidechaining. :Sigh:
6) Support for plugins that have multiply outputs. :popcorn:

Doesn't matter in what order but I hope we will see it one day..

edit:

It seems that Akai have updated their FCC submisson on the Live and X.
I believe it's got something to do with the power adapter but I'm not sure:

MPC Live: https://fccid.io/Y4O-ACV8

MPCX: https://fccid.io/Y4O-ACV5
Last edited by zangetsu01 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 am
I expect an announcement for the MPC app which should've been dropped when wifi was ready. Still don't know what it is but its not the iMPC app.

For some reason, I expect something from Roland and Pioneer. Its definitely a great time right now with new competition appearing at every corner.
By Fanu Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:34 pm
NAMM puts a lot of pressure on companies…like, you almost gotta be there to stay on the radar in a way.
Or at least that's a really good way to get attention.
That's why you see a lot of announcements of products that'll take ages to hit the shelves.

I'd love to see Akai show some of the much-needed MPC software + standalone improvements instead of anything flashy and new.
By richie Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am
Iconic Akai workflow.
By Living Bate Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm
i'm hoping for:

a babysitter plugin...

wife frequency isolation with ability to remove from the mix....

employment delay compensation....

realtime weekend stretching...

my beats would improve dramatically

By Fanu Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 pm
kaydigi wrote:Just asked St Joe if he would swing by here and collect questions again. He said Akai would not respond to follow up questions after last years Namm.

I don't blame them... :lol:
By Fanu Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Fanu wrote:I don't blame them... :lol:

What happened, I don't remember anything kicking off?

No, nothing happened…I mean, just a lot of people asking Andy a lot of questions.
I can understand why someone doesn't want to go thru that again. Must be heavy.
Also, they know they'd get questions about missing features and they can't tell you anything. So this time there wouldn't even be much to say other than "I can't tell you that".
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 pm
No but I can imagine the numerous emails calling them a liar when said features did not appear on the final product. Must've went something like "Andy said" with vulgar nasties after.