MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 pm
Andy said you'll never throw a shoe at my ass like that guy did Bush lol or MPC lover get angry enough might punch Andy in the face lol
By Danoc Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:21 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Lol dude was putting up memes of Andy mack walking off in cuffs...

Lmao lol classic lol :lol:

All we need is a pic of him stretched out on a gurney with a black eye lol
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:53 pm
Automageddon wrote:I just want real automation editing in standalone mode and midi out via USB.
I'd love sidechaining, but I can live without it.

How about the ability to preview a time stretch or pitch change before processing, or the option to overwrite or create new audio file when processing a sample.
By mrcrappypantson Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:11 am
I don’t expect it but I’d like more synthesis.

And in standalone, the machine remembering the zoom level when switching between samples would be great.
By Cockdiesel Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 am
Pioneer could pull off a modern asr, akai needs to show its customers they are in it with the long haul, if elektron drops a new product you can expect anything launched last year will essentially be forgotten about, Roland could team with Dave rossuem and make a boutique SP.... like they say wish in one hand...
Last year was quite the year for hardware samplers, if I had to guess this year keyboards will hit hard. Especially euro crack.
By Fanu Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 am
**** it, I'm finally out of the new Akai game. Didn't want to make a new thread, and I know this isn't even the right place to say it, but just want to say it.

-----8<--------
EDIT: Too much inside info…nevermind
-----8<--------

This relates 100% to what I've been saying before: once I've got older, I've started thinking more of what companies I want to support and respect.
And with Akai, this is the final nail in the coffin.

It's been fun on this forum, but it's time for me to finally remove its bookmark (doesn't that sound funnily dramatic, ha).
I can say what I've seen others say: I love the MPC but I just hate Akai.

Time to support companies who deserve it even more.
Being an Ableton Certified Trainer, I did a "What's new in Live 10" event here on Wednesday. Ableton, knowing that, sent a whole box of merch goods via UPS so I can give it to all who attended. That's a company I've always respected. I know what way I'll be looking at and what not.
I lasted too long with the new Akai anyways. Will still be rocking my s3200XL and MPC 60 II.

It's been fun with you dudes. If anyone wants to keep in touch, please do. Google my username or look it up on Facebook.

Adios!
Last edited by Fanu on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
By zangetsu01 Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:41 am
I'ts sad that it had to come to this Fanu.. I too left the MPC scene for years after I wasn't satisfied with my 2500. I feel like the units of 2016 and up are much better than the MPC 1000 and MPC 2500 era.. That's why I came back.. Not for the company and all the fools behind it but for the product that suits my needs.. And it can only get better from where I'm standing..

Maybe we'll see you back soon.. Take care..
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:05 pm
Fanu wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Speaking of Dan, he at GS taking questions again. Cocksucker.

Link?

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... st13070797

He's lurking around here again, under two different names like a punk ****.

Its like I said, once Akai gets these machines off the ground to "passable functionality" they'll be like "you bought what we showed at NAMM, no need to make it better" they were showing that attitude since these machines appeared on the market. I'm sure everyone is hitting the smiley but you still can't even send MIDI thru USB still. Akai needs their asses handed to them and Pioneer is gonna be the one to wipe the floor with them.
By Praxisaxis Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 am
What I want the most is better hardware button implementation in Grid Edit. Especially stuff that eliminates touch screen activity.

For example: Shift + main encoder button press = toggle between transport and edit. This would make a bigger difference than you might think.
By Praxisaxis Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:18 am
So, more of improving what's there. My hope is they don't bloat it. I don't really care if they don't introduce new features, so long as they improve the existing material. New features will be fore Live/X II . . .
By d2ba Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:54 am
Big chance of a facelift model of MPC-Live--same machine with nicer lid
All Black Metal casing