MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm
Just in case someone here is interested... but the link goes to a zip recruiter page with no jobs listed... so.. lol :shock: :popcorn:

By Danoc Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:42 am
QUALITY ENGINEER
Quality Engineer has the responsibility to ensure that every function and operation within the supply chain meets the established quality standards in an efficient and effective approach.
----------------
TThs should been in place when they were sending out units. Either they fired sime people or just now getting this. Smh
By tbeltrans Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 am
It is possible that Quality Engineers and Test Engineers could be two different types of position at Akai. That has been the case at places I worked as a Software Engineer. Typically, a Quality Engineer insures that the quality of the parts Akai gets from their vendors meet spec, and that any changes in vendor-supplied parts are retested for compatibility with the product in which they are used. As an example, if a vendor revision-changes a particular integrated circuit used in Akai's product, it will need to be verified to insure that it works properly in the product, or that a board respin needs to be done for that part.

Test Engineers typically test the product to make sure it works as per spec. This happens at the other end of the development when the product is fully built, the software installed, and the documentation is pretty much in place. It is the Test Engineer who is responsible for any problems such as being discussed here.

As usual, there are jobs for Software Engineers among their list. It might be interesting, but I am now retired. For any such position I have held, at least a 4 year engineering degree is required.

Tony
By Cockdiesel Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:12 am
Honestly it’s kind of interesting. Maybe they cleared house, maybe expanding, or maybe thier talent got stolen from them. Either way I hope they throw some money at the coldest mfer out there, and make Mpcs great again like fanu said. I enjoy the live but I can see how power users feel underwhelmed by them. In terms of newer hardware samplers the only real game in town is akai and pioneer. Akai has a utility aspect that someone like me finds indispensable, however that pioneer is the most creative thing I’ve touched. Plus it sounds amazing.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:25 pm
Have to agree there, Tony. Certainly when I worked in an electronics environment, it was done that way.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:32 pm
The Tech Support Job req would be dope if you live in Rhode Island. Getting paid to troubleshoot technical problems is like free money.
By Blue Monster 65 Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:27 pm
Ill-Green wrote:**** would definitely be quality tester. Getting paid to drop MPCs off buildings and observe its durability.

And run ‘em over and blow ‘em up and toss ‘em in cement mixers and ... :lol:

Actually, does anyone remember when Mackie used to show their mixers getting run over?
By Ill-Green Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:15 pm
Blue Monster 65 wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:**** would definitely be quality tester. Getting paid to drop MPCs off buildings and observe its durability.

And run ‘em over and blow ‘em up and toss ‘em in cement mixers and ... :lol:

Actually, does anyone remember when Mackie used to show their mixers getting run over?

I do, that's why I think quality testing would require a spiked hammer :lol:
By Danoc Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:38 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You are certified!!!

Cray cray! :nod: