MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 am
Okay so im tired of having 3 controllers.. finally selling maschine studio, my nektar P6 i do have reason but i just cant keep up with all this gear that just sits.. just bought akai advance 61 keyboard going strickly akai for now.. altho i will keep komplete kontrol keybaord i like the light guide..

So akai has my wallet for now i hope this VIP software is up to snuff..
By Lampdog Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 am
How much you want for that P6?

Is it in decent condition?

Ey'thang on it work?
By Loosecaboose Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:04 am
Why Akai over Maschine? that new audio feature in 2.7 looks dope.
Just trying to decide between Maschine MK3 and Akai MPC Live (after my first Live went back with RMA, now I have to wait for a replacement.. but the MK3 has me thinking maybe I should go Maschine??)
By Danoc Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 am
I would get the Akai Advance but l hate that wheel pitch bend. I like the horizontal pitch bend
By Certified Beatz Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 am
I own the MPC X already and so tired of maschines software.. also cant use it without the software so its just a mapped out controller..
By Sharris Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:27 pm
I have the Maschine Mk3.......it's actually my intro to software, I've been hardware only for years (have the MPC 2500 & 500). This is just an opinion, but I like it a lot. It does have it's downsides tho.
I work in an office, so feeling like I wasn't on a computer when making music was huge for me. With the Mk3, the only time I even touch my mouse or look at the computer monitor is when I open Maschine.
Now that I have the Mk3, I'm thinking of selling my 2500 & 500 to get the Live. Doing more research prior to deciding, but I'm def making changes to my set up now that I got software involved.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:37 pm
I would keep the 2500.
By Sharris Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Yeah..... I really like it & I know it really well.... I like the 500 too, only reason I was thinking of selling them was a way to downsize my set up, 2 for 1 kind of thing.......& the Live looks intriguing...... but I think it's just GAS.... I'll eat some tums & chill for a bit.
By Blue Monster 65 Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:32 pm
I've been buying gear for over 40 years now. I always figure if I want it after a month, I probably do want it. If I'm still thinking about it after two months ... I'm buying it.

Take your time. It's not like they're going away. NAMM is next week - maybe something else that gets you will be released.

Patience, young padawan ... patience ... :lol:
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:43 pm
Blue Monster 65 wrote:I've been buying gear for over 40 years now. I always figure if I want it after a month, I probably do want it. If I'm still thinking about it after two months ... I'm buying it.

Take your time. It's not like they're going away. NAMM is next week - maybe something else that gets you will be released.

when he gets The Live he's going to be mad he waited so long to get it.
By Danoc Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 pm
Lmao word up. Soon as l saw l could get ut l wason it quuck. Im onne happy dude.

MPCWeapon1 wrote:
Blue Monster 65 wrote:I've been buying gear for over 40 years now. I always figure if I want it after a month, I probably do want it. If I'm still thinking about it after two months ... I'm buying it.

By Certified Beatz Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:01 am
Lampdog wrote:I would keep the 2500.

I never liked my 2500 even with JJOS idk must be me.. the 2000 was my peice of gear until the X came Along..
By Certified Beatz Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 am
Danoc wrote:Lmao word up. Soon as l saw l could get ut l wason it quuck. Im onne happy dude.

[/quote]

Seems like yesterday we were all posting updates on possible release date and jocking for pricing..