MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:41 am
Yes the MPC Live/X has internal effects.

This time around Akai put efford into making some good, not great effects. The filters are dope! They are better than the mpc2000xl that were optional. And if you know what you're doing you can use them a get away with using them and sounding good on your sounds.

InspectahEX wrote:So yes it has internal effects in standalone? I have a touch right now
By Danoc Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:47 am
If you're looking at it from that point then you have noithing to worry about. Though this can be subjective.
If you get the live you get the Software also. The Air effects that come free is definitely a winner, there's not even a debate there.

InspectahEX wrote:If they are as good as the stock effects in the 2500 I'm good
By Danoc Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:00 am
Yes if you want.

InspectahEX wrote:Oh awesome, well those effects seem quality to me... if I really needed a more advanced eq, reverb, or compressor then I guess I would just plug it into the software make an audio bounce and jump back out to standalone? correct?