MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Elektrobolt Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 am
Ill-Green wrote:Why its always gotta be what the few asked for, why can't it be what the majority asked for?

Because modern business decisions are based on business sustainability.

Acting on this kind of thinking is relatively new. If you go back just 20 some years, this was not the case, well not so much anyways. I think this comes from people in charge of corporations being *too* business oriented, and scheme on ways to keep us upgrading, subscribing, blah, blah.

A musical device (and I had/have a lot of them) when I grew up was already fully functional, a finished product, for its declared purpose, and worked most of the time without interruption. Today they are sold before the software is finished, and they try to convince us that it has a better value, well, for business it does, so in a weird sense they aren't lying.

Granted devices were not as elaborate as today, but it was effortless to use them too, which I have to say is often not the case today. We spend too much time nurturing the software/hardware itself rather than using it as the tool for which it was created.

Anyways, the MPCX standalone has such unbelievable potential, and I cannot wait for Akai to improve the functionality to be as good as it can. Integration is nice, but it is intruding on the spirit of standalone, which is the reason I bought it.
By Danoc Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 am
:lol: :lol: lol Yo that's nuts lol how the hell did it do it by its self? Yo that track is lit! You put Chris Breezy on that and it will be a hit! Im still trying to wrap my head on ehat you did.

masada2502 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BfErDbGAeW_/

Just keeping the fam informed, respect
By Fanu Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:24 am
Not relating to 2.1, but I asked Dan on Gearslutz,

"Since we're talking plugins, I'd like to know whether fixing plugin delay compensation is on the roadmap?
Also very interested to hear whether automation editing will be coming to standalone."

And he replied,

"PDC - yes, but it's one of the more complex tasks on the roadmap, so it will be some time. Can't say a definite timeline.
Automation on standalone - Also yes, sooner than PDC most likely."
By Danoc Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am
I'm in good hopes Akai will better these machines and software.

Fanu wrote:Not relating to 2.1, but I asked Dan on Gearslutz,

"Since we're talking plugins, I'd like to know whether fixing plugin delay compensation is on the roadmap?
Also very interested to hear whether automation editing will be coming to standalone."

And he replied,

"PDC - yes, but it's one of the more complex tasks on the roadmap, so it will be some time. Can't say a definite timeline.
Automation on standalone - Also yes, sooner than PDC most likely."