MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 pm
Convert VST Plugins into 'Standalone' MPC Instruments - The Easy Way!

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/convert-plugin ... struments/

Quickly clone any VST plugin patch using my 10 step workflow template. It handles the bulk of the work for you, even automatically renaming & mapping your samples to a fully working keygroup program!
By justineastwick Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:Very useful insight bro. Super thorough. Got me thinking about doing my hardware synths the same way. Doing this on my legacy mpcs was a pita imo. This method will be much more fun :-)

I would like to find out how to do this with hardware synths, as I have a JUNO-DS keyboard with some pretty cool sounds.
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 pm
Question. How did you get your samples to auto assign to the keygroup. I have tried to recreate this template and cannot get the magic to happen.

Using your files everything works as expected but using my own files I have to assign all the samples. Do you already have samples in your keygroup program? If so is this why the softare queries whether to replace the samples?

Also I noticed that once you complete the bouncing and the slicing these files go to the export folder (on windows - My Documents > MPC > [Exports]
Because of that behavior to repeat this with other sounds I have to go to the exports folder and delete the files. If not deleted the next time you bounce and slice the new sounds will have a name like "Bounce - 5 Semitone 1v(1) SL1" which mucks things up.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 pm
The program was previously created and set up with the samples, then I just deleted the samples. As long as you import the program once the slice samples are made, the MPC matches them up for you.
Also I noticed that once you complete the bouncing and the slicing these files go to the export folder (on windows - My Documents > MPC > [Exports]
Because of that behavior to repeat this with other sounds I have to go to the exports folder and delete the files. If not deleted the next time you bounce and slice the new sounds will have a name like "Bounce - 5 Semitone 1v(1) SL1" which mucks things up.

'Bounce to Sample' should not create anything in the [Exports]' folder, are you sure you are following the tutorial correctly? It sounds like you are using the 'Export Audio' button (drag & drop) as that option adds (1) after the name on the second bounce. I was using that option originally until I realised it used a different name for each subsequent bounce.

It should work correctly if you use either 'MAIN > top pencil icon > Bounce to Sample', or in the GUI, right click on the sequence (or track) name and select 'Bounce to sample'. But you must also remember to reload the project template before recording a new patch (or remember to delete the original bounce track).
By Coz Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:47 am
justineastwick wrote:
JeriKo Jackson wrote:Very useful insight bro. Super thorough. Got me thinking about doing my hardware synths the same way. Doing this on my legacy mpcs was a pita imo. This method will be much more fun :-)

I would like to find out how to do this with hardware synths, as I have a JUNO-DS keyboard with some pretty cool sounds.

For hardware I'd use an automated process personally.

When I created my first keygroup pack (SP Neptune), I started mapping out key ranges in Cubase and using BPM values to alter note lengths (similar to Tutor's method), then came across Redmatica's Autosampler and jumped on that. It took the pain out of the recording, trimming to zero crossing, normalizing, naming etc. I think Apple bought the company and killed off the software which is a shame as it no longer works. :fku:

Translator 6 has its own full-featured auto sampler, so that's potentially an even more streamlined way of creating keygroups as it'll save your programs as an .akp file.