MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 am
We're not tryin to pin a plugin we are trying to get them to load period. But thanks.

sleepytm wrote:
Fanu wrote:This literally does not work for me. I'm only getting one plugin at a time, just like before.

press this arrow - it pins the plugin's window
By Fanu Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:39 am
Danoc wrote:We're not tryin to pin a plugin we are trying to get them to load period. But thanks.

That did help in my problem. My problem was that whenever I clicked on another plugin, it opened, closing the one that was previously open. That arrow "pins" it open, so it won't close.
By JeriKo Jackson Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:36 am
Cockdiesel wrote:The midi control has been that way. Honestly I don’t understand it much and wasn’t aware it had a xy pad. I think everything we are saying holds true, but I don’t think there was any upgrades to that menu. I haven’t automated anything with cc for a few months now, I’d have to go through my old projects to see how I did it.

Yeah I was trippin... MIDI control mode was there and is not for the purpose I was thinking... although it SHOULD be.
By Danoc Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:41 pm
Yeah he was right about the pin. They should of made it pin icon like every software has.

Fanu wrote:
Danoc wrote:We're not tryin to pin a plugin we are trying to get them to load period. But thanks.

That did help in my problem. My problem was that whenever I clicked on another plugin, it opened, closing the one that was previously open. That arrow "pins" it open, so it won't close.
By Danoc Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:44 pm
Akai said they improved latency and jitters.
By Eyalc Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:47 pm
Fanu wrote:

It's silly to have to "pin" a window open in this day and age of software. If I open the window, why do I have to go through an extra step of pinning it? This shows a fundamental design flaw in the software, or the software designer. And people want Akai to make this more like a DAW??? :WTF:

Sorry, quick rant over.
By Fanu Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:29 pm
Eyalc wrote:It's silly to have to "pin" a window open in this day and age of software. If I open the window, why do I have to go through an extra step of pinning it? This shows a fundamental design flaw in the software, or the software designer. And people want Akai to make this more like a DAW??? :WTF:

Sorry, quick rant over.

Agreed; that's why I didn't get it at first.
I was clicking on plugin names, holding down all possible modifiers I could think of, thinking, it's definitely not working. Having to "pin" something down and then "unpin" it is a bit convoluted IMHO.
Akai logic, I guess; once again not asking real-life users; probably a typical idea from an engineer who's not actually a music-maker at all. Sounds clever on paper, but not that great IRL.
By Ill-Green Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Thank goodness I never got into the software. The new firmware however, really optimized the shit out of the Live, it seems to react faster.
By Danoc Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 pm
Yo word lm loving 2.1 it is faster. Im just lost for words lol

But Fanu and Eyalc is right. But lm not going to get into it. Ima just get into the music.

@ Fanu did you ever open third party plugins? If so how did you do it?

Ill-Green wrote:Thank goodness I never got into the software. The new firmware however, really optimized the **** out of the Live, it seems to react faster.
By Fanu Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 pm
Danoc wrote:@ Fanu did you ever open third party plugins? If so how did you do it?

open its GUI? just click on the plugin name in the insert slot.
to insert one? just click on the empty insert slot and choose from the list.
By Danoc Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm
No l know how to open a plugin lm talking about going to preferences then adding plugins. I did the scan where my plugs are and my 3rd party plugs won't open in the 2.1.

Fanu wrote:
Danoc wrote:@ Fanu did you ever open third party plugins? If so how did you do it?

open its GUI? just click on the plugin name in the insert slot.
to insert one? just click on the empty insert slot and choose from the list.
By Danoc Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:58 pm
Hey mang don't be hatin on the software lol l love both standalone and software. Software you can deal with more audio tracks.

Ill-Green wrote:Thank goodness I never got into the software. The new firmware however, really optimized the **** out of the Live, it seems to react faster.
By Fanu Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 pm
Danoc wrote:No l know how to open a plugin lm talking about going to preferences then adding plugins. I did the scan where my plugs are and my 3rd party plugs won't open in the 2.1.

Ah! I have no probs with them.
By Danoc Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:19 pm
Dam ok l'll just have to use my Reason 10 for that thanks

Fanu wrote:
Danoc wrote:No l know how to open a plugin lm talking about going to preferences then adding plugins. I did the scan where my plugs are and my 3rd party plugs won't open in the 2.1.

Ah! I have no probs with them.
By Smackdee Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:54 am
[quote="Danoc"]No l know how to open a plugin lm talking about going to preferences then adding plugins. I did the scan where my plugs are and my 3rd party plugs won't open in the 2.1.

Your scanning the wrong folder then, so you've just been using the AIR plugs?