MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:32 pm
Encountered a potential issue for those updating to 2.1 on Mac High Sierra.
When connecting to my Live, & going to export expansions (using recommended route), 2.1 quits out every time. But on my Macbook on Sierra, it behaves as expected & transfers flawlessy.
Wonder if I'm missing something..
Any help would be appreciated.

Also posted this on Akai site, so let see what happens.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 pm
Wassup Yorgos, thanks for replying so quickly....

Figured It was probably that!!
However, everthing else seems fine, so poss bug??
However, I run the latest Maschine version on it without issue, so I'm a little bemused.....
By Danoc Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:25 pm
Aaawwwwh dam yall scaring me :shock:

forsh wrote:Same happens to me on my pc

Soon as I press export.. The daw crashes
By summer2k Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:02 am
forsh wrote:Same happens to me on my pc

Soon as I press export.. The daw crashes

Instant crash as well from my PC when I try to export an expansion. Looks like this update wasn't fully tested before release. :(
By MaScHiNeHeAd Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 pm
Well, still no word from support about this, it's looking like i'm gonna have to put another request in.
On the flip side, Nick D eventually answered (Well, I say answered, more a sweeping comment.)
So, I replied to him & .......nothing.....
More to come...
Peace
By Zack Zerox Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:36 am
Same thing here (Windows). Thought it was just me - got my Live about 3 weeks ago, wondering if I'd set something up wrong - so in a funny way it's a relief.

I tried it on a second PC (which happened to have a fresh Windows installation) and hit the same problem. Tried a different USB cable, same thing.

Perhaps related - my Live doesn't properly dismount from either PC ("cannot close the device because in use by another program"-type error). I wonder if there's some kind of handshake issue.

I've also noticed that the display of (native) expansions in standalone seems inconsistent - sometimes they show up, sometimes not. This may well be user error/ignorance though, I'm still getting my head round the file system.

Anyway, I've submitted a request with Akai.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 pm
@Zack Zerox: Welcome to the forum, Zack!! And the fun & games of MPC Live/X!!
Not sure that the issues are related, but Am I right in thinking that the software just closes when you try to export to the Live?
That is the issue I'm having, but I'm having it when it's not connected to the Live. Desktop only. It's probably the OS on the Mac. (High Sierra)
If you check the browser on the Live, expansions should be visible via the artwork. (Andy Mac spent long enough blathering on about the bloody browser it in his vid....lol)
That "handshake" issue sounds about right, I've run into that one before.....You have manually ejected the drive(s) before you go into standalone, haven't you?
That sounds like the classic Mac message of "Disk not properly ejected"
You did right though to contact Akai..keep me posted...Peace
By Zack Zerox Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm
MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:@Zack Zerox: Welcome to the forum, Zack!! And the fun & games of MPC Live/X!!
Not sure that the issues are related, but Am I right in thinking that the software just closes when you try to export to the Live?
That is the issue I'm having, but I'm having it when it's not connected to the Live. Desktop only. It's probably the OS on the Mac. (High Sierra)
If you check the browser on the Live, expansions should be visible via the artwork. (Andy Mac spent long enough blathering on about the bloody browser it in his vid....lol)
That "handshake" issue sounds about right, I've run into that one before.....You have manually ejected the drive(s) before you go into standalone, haven't you?
That sounds like the classic Mac message of "Disk not properly ejected"
You did right though to contact Akai..keep me posted...Peace

Cheers!

Yep, the software closes (with a Windows error message) whenever I try to export.

The artwork does seem visible now (in standalone). Maybe it was when I had it tethered to the PC. Or something.

I try to manually eject, but that's when I get the error message (device in use).

Anyhow, minor gripes. I'm sure it'll get sorted. Gives me time to focus on more important stuff.