MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By rageone Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:44 pm
Yaaay, i always wanted thumbnails for expansions, i think they just look cool... unfortunately i don`t have many because they`re expensive :D

But i made one and i`m sharing it with you guys, just to celebrate the new update :D If you`d like a new thumbnail in your expansion tab and you`re also poor like me, look no further!
Also, if you`re just looking for some sampler food, look no further!
Also, if you`re looking to sync your mpc with your analog shit like volcas, look no further...

feedback, good or bad, is always welcome so come on, let me know what you think about this shit :)
any kind of support is good, help me spread this shit if you think it`s cool :)

Now here we go:
*drum sounds*
*curtains*

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rhvwth4ie ... erator.zip
By DaDingoLouie Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 am
Sup Ya'll

I downloaded 5 expansion packs recently. 3 from the Akai Pro website and 2 from youtubers/artist.
I downloaded the expansions packs on my MAC and transferred onto an SD Card.
However, 4 of the thumbnails do not show up on my MPC One screen.

Should I save the files on the internal memory of my MPC for the thumbnails to appear?
By Lampdog Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:33 pm
DONT EVER SAVE anything to internal hdd! Always use sd/usb.
This has been said all over this site forever, you’ve never seen that advice?
By EnochLight Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:27 pm
DaDingoLouie wrote:Sup Ya'll

I downloaded 5 expansion packs recently. 3 from the Akai Pro website and 2 from youtubers/artist.
I downloaded the expansions packs on my MAC and transferred onto an SD Card.
However, 4 of the thumbnails do not show up on my MPC One screen.

Should I save the files on the internal memory of my MPC for the thumbnails to appear?

The desktop MPC Software comes with the MPC One. Did you install the Expansions on your Mac first and see if the thumbnails show up in the media browser? I'd test that first and see if they're actually there - if not then the Expansions have issues. If so, then use the MPC Software to EXPORT the Expansions onto your SD Card. And always make sure you are OS-ejecting your SD Cards before switching from Computer Mode to Standalone.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:00 pm
It's a thing that has caused SO MANY problems due to peeps stuck thinking it's like the older MPC's where you can delete everything and start from scratch with your own stuff.

It's a thing that has caused SO MANY problems due to peeps not understanding (Doesn't help that Akai didn't detail/specify in the manual either, not like some would read that thing anyway) the structure of the internal drive is NOT to be flowers with and not for general use.
By high198 Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:00 pm
Lampdog wrote:It's a thing that has caused SO MANY problems due to peeps stuck thinking it's like the older MPC's where you can delete everything and start from scratch with your own stuff.

It's a thing that has caused SO MANY problems due to peeps not understanding (Doesn't help that Akai didn't detail/specify in the manual either, not like some would read that thing anyway) the structure of the internal drive is NOT to be flowers with and not for general use.

I don’t understand why the internal drive is so easily accessible to us. A couple of times when I first got my X, I accidentally saved things to it. If we’re not supposed to save to it, why is it an option? Let alone the first option available for you to save too. Akai makes no sense doing this. They need to delete the option or at least give a warning before actually saving anything to it. It would potentially save a lot of avoidable accidents.