MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ChrisMPC Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:07 pm
Did the FW update to 2.1.

a) Update successful without any Problems
b) NEW: cut/copy/paste: works well (tested on a Midi-track)
c) NEW: pitch quantize: works well for existing tracks (tested on a Midi-Track and a Kybd-Track)
d) Automation state seems that it is now automatically set to "read" (green) on default
e) did not test "clock-stablity" as I use an external masterclock in my setup (I do need a permanent running clock for my hardware-synths which the MPC Live can not provide)
f) BUG: Aftertouch for external synths: works only (and is recorded) if triggered by the pads; does not work, if triggered by an external masterkeyboard (AT-events are recorded, but not with the correct note - all AT-values are recorded to a fictional note "C-2" as shown in the List editor)
g) BUG: Midi-Track -> Programm: limited CC-Range (02-85 instead of 0-127 according to Midi-org) and wrong allocation (alle CCs -1)
h) Bug: external Masterclock: BPM-value remains on default-value, no matter what BPM Comes from the Masterclock
i) Bug: external Masterclock: Audio-recording does not work at all
j) Bug: external Masterclock: Looper does not work at all

I can live with Bugs f), g), h) and j) - Bug i) is a big problem for me as this completely kills my workflow.
By ChrisMPC Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am
My external masterclock (ER-M) has a clock jitter of 0,1ms on avg and 0,46ms max. So this is VERY tight.
Compare this to MPCs Live (standalone) clock jitter which is according to Akai more than 10times than this!

Conc. your suggestion to use MTC - did you actually test this or is this an assumption?
Reason for my doubt: Akai stated not long ago, that actually they have no solution for this problem....
By Cockdiesel Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 pm
That was the solution given by dan on gs. I haven’t tried it. We go over this same issue about every two months or so with many conflicting reports.

Can you slave your clock to the Mpc? Then your looper and audio tracks will work as well.
By ChrisMPC Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 pm
ERM-masterclock only provides 2 clock-outs and no sync-in.

I do need a a central master-clock for my system that is continuously providing midi-clock.
MPC Live only provides clock when it is running ("Play"), when it is stopped it does not send clock on its Midi-out. That would cause all my external hardware-gear to stop which is not acceptable for me.
By Cockdiesel Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Well you can try the mtc like I suggested or wait and see if it’s an issue they can sort out. Multitimbral support has been promised. It’s then you may find it better for your needs.

Personally, I don’t have these issues with my workflow which includes syncing to and tracking back into the live from various machines. I press play on the other boxes sequencers and I’m fine with the live just chilled. I would imagine you have a differnt workflow than I and a more complex setup.
By Cockdiesel Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 pm
Another workaround would be to use Ableton link with Ableton slaved to the erm. I imagine you’re going “dawless” though.

Some iPad apps have it as well. It’s just a shot in dark for me really.
By rageone Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 pm
i`m gonna go a little offtopic but i`m really curious about how you have your stuff set up... because in my setup the mpc has been the master all the time :D
By Danoc Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 am
tell us how you did yours. :smoker: :hmmm:

rageone wrote:i`m gonna go a little offtopic but i`m really curious about how you have your stuff set up... because in my setup the mpc has been the master all the time :D
By rageone Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:43 pm
Danoc wrote:tell us how you did yours. :smoker: :hmmm:

i have my mpc and i have a bass station and a nord g2 (and a blofeld but that`s at a friend)...
i usually would connect the g2 to midi 1 (in+out), the bass station to midi 2 (just in, i play it from the g2 cuz the keys are nicer) . Blofeld goes in the Thru port of the g2...

i usually record midi notes for the synths in the mpc and then play them back and record the synths as audio tracks one by one. sometimes i chop the audio file and mess around with it :D but mpc is always master :D
By Cockdiesel Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 pm
Same workflow differnt gear with me as well. If you want something to sync tight but have some limitations to the sequencer the pioneers are dope, the new Mpcs dominate with being the master for me.
By Danoc Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 pm
Ok, dope bro.

quote="rageone"]
Danoc wrote:tell us how you did yours. :smoker: :hmmm:

i have my mpc and i have a bass station and a nord g2 (and a blofeld but that`s at a friend)...
i usually would connect the g2 to midi 1 (in+out), the bass station to midi 2 (just in, i play it from the g2 cuz the keys are nicer) . Blofeld goes in the Thru port of the g2...

i usually record midi notes for the synths in the mpc and then play them back and record the synths as audio tracks one by one. sometimes i chop the audio file and mess around with it :D but mpc is always master :D[/quote]