MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By HUNGRYMAN Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:36 am
I was helping a friend last weekend, trying to figure out his new MPC Live. He had a sample pack (not a Akai Expansion) that he was trying to copy from a SD card to his internal hard drive. I keep searching and finding old post from around last summer that say this isn't possible using it standalone, but the question is -

Can you copy folders from SD or flash drives with the latest firmware?

The only work around I found was loading the samples into memory and saving them one by one, which would have been a pain doing this to 3GB of stems in nicely organized subfolders and shit. Thanks for any help.
By marctronixx Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:44 am
i dont have the new firmware installed on my x or live yet but i have not seen it listed as being an option so the only want to do a mass movement of files is to connect the machine to a computer running the mpc software. the live (or x) will be seen as a hard drive that you can copy and paste files to. i do this all the time to keep both the live and x synced with the same files.

would be cool to do a batch copy and paste in standalone--perhaps later firmwares...
By HUNGRYMAN Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 pm
Thanks for your reply. I was just helping out a severely computer illiterate friend. lol. They should really implement this option in the browser menu. I'm glad I got a chance to play with the Live. I almost pulled the trigger on it last year, but after checking it out this year, I don't think it's for me.
By rageone Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 pm
if you have a project you can load it and save it to the internal memory but you cannot copy bulk files as far as i know... if you need, i can help you make the files in to a mpc extension :)