MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Gaboon Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:17 pm
Anyone ever buy stuff bstock? $250 cheaper due to scuffs they attribute to mishandling in the warehouse. This is from fullcompass. Same warranty etc...

Should I have any reservations? Going to buy tomorrow.
By Coz Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:49 pm
I wouldn't buy a used or b stock Live personally. I've had one defective unit with intermittent issues I assumed were bugs, and my second brand new Live works flawlessly but has something rattling around inside it. I don't think Akai are on top of their quality control at this point.
By Danoc Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:34 pm
B-Stock is nothing but the product that isn't A-Stock. You will probably come out better than "Used Stock", which is taking a chance. Hell I just bought a used Roland 30 Midi Controller 76 keys. I took the chance, and that thing is in freakin mint condition like they bought it, and never used it. And they gave me a free case with it, that's insane! It freakin works beautifully "WITHOUT WARRANTY". Then I just bought a "Refurbished" Nikon B700 which is bad ass! But that came with a warranty being it comes straight from the company. So I am good, its basically brand new but the company has to say refurb because it was taken out the box and the company had to make sure it works top notch, and it looks brand new and I got all the accessories.

So if you have a B-Stock with a warranty go for it. Hell there are people who had BRAND NEW MPC machines when they came out and it functioned like it was F-Stock! I have had no problems with my Live, as a matter of fact the joint is some thing serious with that 2.1 update.

Peace! :smoker:

Gaboon wrote:Anyone ever buy stuff bstock? $250 cheaper due to scuffs they attribute to mishandling in the warehouse. This is from fullcompass. Same warranty etc...

Should I have any reservations? Going to buy tomorrow.
By Danoc Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I hate b-stocks that smell like cigarettes and vomit.

WTF LOL hahahaaaaa
By Gaboon Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:17 pm
I bought the bstock. Turns out it was only bstock because they were the units full compass opened to do the 2 hour training with akai reps. Looks brand spanking new and has a 3 year warranty.

This is my first mpc and I **** love it. Only had about 4 hours play time with it so far but I've already been sampling and chopping vinyl. This things awesome.

I had one hiccup but it was before I updated it to the current version. Havent tried the same action again yet though. It happened when I hit undo on a pitch shift while the sample was running.
By Danoc Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:41 am
That's great enjoy

Gaboon wrote:I bought the bstock. Turns out it was only bstock because they were the units full compass opened to do the 2 hour training with akai reps. Looks brand spanking new and has a 3 year warranty.

This is my first mpc and I **** love it. Only had about 4 hours play time with it so far but I've already been sampling and chopping vinyl. This things awesome.

I had one hiccup but it was before I updated it to the current version. Havent tried the same action again yet though. It happened when I hit undo on a pitch shift while the sample was running.
By BremenCole Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:58 am
Just ordered one of these, the deal that pushed me over the edge :)

Will be selling my MPC Touch for cheap,to help offset the cost, but it is the time to do this. Excited for the possibility’s stand alone will provide. Tip of the bottle to the OP for making me aware of this.
By Danoc Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 am
That's great. Take a pic and let us see your setup in the MPC photo thread.

Congrats

BremenCole wrote:Just ordered one of these, the deal that pushed me over the edge :)

Will be selling my MPC Touch for cheap,to help offset the cost, but it is the time to do this. Excited for the possibility’s stand alone will provide. Tip of the bottle to the OP for making me aware of this.
By Gaboon Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:50 pm
BremenCole wrote:Just ordered one of these, the deal that pushed me over the edge :)

Glad to be of assistance.

Danoc, I'm going to be hitting you up soon about your work flow with reason and the live. I've been using reason since 3.0.
By richie Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:13 am
I for one am not stupid enough to want to use the MPC to trade stocks.