MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sneakydisco Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:36 pm
Just contacted Akai support , scenario- when i press play on MPC X in standalone it triggers my others devices i.e. Drum machines , effects with midi clocks etc.
When i plug it into the 2.1 software , i press play and NOTHING ! despite trying all settings etc . NOT HATING ON THIS BUT IM BEING TOLD A FURTHER UPDATE IS COMING WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED !
Basically 2.1 does not send midi clock start messages . . . . .. .
can anyone else confirm this major flaw so i can think about whether i need to return this and go NI . . . .or use my 2000XL again.
By Cockdiesel Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:35 pm
Why don’t you track your stuff out in stand alone mode then bring the tracks back in to the software for editing. Do you have to be connected to a computer? Akai has been good about updates prolly only a few weeks until it drops.

Either way try to press them for date. Wouldn’t be to hard to use a 2k for a few weeks if your using the comp for processing...
By sneakydisco Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:45 pm
Yes all 4 ports are assigned for midi map , and sync . ports 1-4 are a-d, and i have put a red tick in the box for the MMC or midi transport. Nothing happened so i contacted AKAI.
I was told firstly that its Rolands fault that it doesn't trigger, so i tried a Drumbrute, that didn't trigger start either ?! ASTONISHED ! ?!
Then i was told that it may be the same problem with the drum brute, but that AKAI is looking into it and it will be fixed on an unknown update . my question is
HOW HAS NO ONE ELSE NOT NOTICED THIS ? Surely a lot of people use an external device with 2.1 < or should i say Surely a lot of people have FAILED to use an external device ?
Can community please let me now that this is something that they would not need , like from day one ? i just feel like I'm either the only person using 2.1 or no one uses external devices that utilise midi clock ? It one of the other midi settings any better , midi 30 , or midi 30 dropless etc ? ( i will try in a minute and see) theres a 25 setting if i remember . . .
By sneakydisco Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm
Just tried all the other midi out timecode settings , none of them work . Its very strange that the software gives you the option to send out these messages , but doesn't actually send them out.
Why put in the advertising that the MPC will be the centre of your studio ? it surely cannot even control external devices ! is no one bothered by this ?
why put 4 midi ports on the back if they don't send clock ! this is nuts ! has no one else even noticed ?
By sneakydisco Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:59 pm
[quote="Cockdiesel"]Why don’t you track your stuff out in stand alone mode then bring the tracks back in to the software for editing.

Hiya , thanks for the reply , i don't understand what this means " track your stuff out in stand alone then bring the tracks back in to the software. " ?
i would like to use it standalone , but i can't get plugins to open in standalone, SOOOOO, if i wanted to use a plugin ( my virus TI ) then i have to open the plug in in controller mode. Once in controller mode , none of my other devices work, i.e. drum machines ( I'm sure theres a picture in the guide that states it does. )
MPC has for me always meant Midi Production Centre. This "ain't no centre for MIDI " at all ! I'm gutted by this !
If i used Reaper or Ableton as a DAW would the MPC X then put out midi timecode ? i.e. could someone tell me if they are using anything other than a computer and the MPC X that uses midi time messages to start clocked devices.
By Cockdiesel Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:28 pm
Dude I use a Live all stand-alone midi duo with synths and effects. Never used daw.
Mpc x is geared towards standard but can do software.
Have you ever controlled your computer with the 2k? Same setup.
Mpc x uses audio track in both standalone and sw.
You have options
Mpc x sends mtc as well
By sneakydisco Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:49 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Dude I use a Live all stand-alone midi duo with synths and effects. Never used daw.
Mpc x is geared towards standard but can do software.
Have you ever controlled your computer with the 2k? Same setup.
Mpc x uses audio track in both standalone and sw.
You have options
Mpc x sends mtc as well

the MPC X does not send mtc when in controller mode . . . . .
its such a shame. . . as it says it does in the manual , on the box and also says the software is a mirror of the hardware.
the mpc 2000xl never stated it would work with software, but the MPC X actually has a settings page under MPC preferences that shows it sends MMC time codes , transport messages etc to all 4 ports. It just doesn't its a fib ! anyone else checked on theirs !!!!!!!