MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm
Akai tells homie its pad sensitivity? Smh Thats a dam bug of the worse kind
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:56 pm
It’s a bug. If I even pressed note repeat it would trigger the same pad. Unless it’s a pad sensor issue, I wasn’t touching anyth8ng besides the note repeat button. Was annoying as hell as I was just trying to re do my hi hats..
By Danoc Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:44 pm
Its a bug. Im not going through that but that was the first l heard of that. With note repeat it suppose to work and its doing silly things like that? Straight up bug. Crazy. Dudes depend on that note repeat seriously in real time. They need to fix that.

Cockdiesel wrote:It’s a bug. If I even pressed note repeat it would trigger the same pad. Unless it’s a pad sensor issue, I wasn’t touching anyth8ng besides the note repeat button. Was annoying as hell as I was just trying to re do my hi hats..
By cloud777 Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:46 pm
sneakydisco wrote:HAPPENED HERE TOO !!
While playing a sequence i went to add note repeat so pressed shift and note repeat ( to latch it on ) but when i pressed the note repeat button THE WHOLE SEQUENCE STUTTERED ! as in it repeated the step again and again (sort of like the scatter function on the TR8)
Also , MPC X does NOT output midi start from ANY of the 4 midi outputs when in standalone, as it says it does in the preferences settings page. I do hope this is fixed in the upcoming update that Akai mentioned on saturday!
report it akai too please
By marctronixx Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:33 am
obviously its not wide spread. i use note repeat often and don't experience any issues. i have a lunch day live AND X.

perhaps it has to do with how much CPU is being used on a per unit basis? I mean if one had a lot of time stretching, samples in memory, different programs with complex settings, etc, this can add extra duty on the CPU (this IS a computer after all).

some people use midi keyboards some use physical gear and midi. to simply say "its a bug" just because a handful of enthusiasts have the issue on an enthusiast forum does not make it a bug.

i have not read every post in this thread but Im sitting here now tapping note repeat on an 8 bar sequence with a couple of choice programs and using swing and note repeat is working as it should. I should say i ONLY use BOTH machines standalone.

if someone wants to post a step by step to show the bug is reproduced EACH time, go ahead and do so, so others who aren't having an issue can attempt.
By cloud777 Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am
marctronixx wrote:obviously its not wide spread. i use note repeat often and don't experience any issues. i have a lunch day live AND X.

perhaps it has to do with how much CPU is being used on a per unit basis? I mean if one had a lot of time stretching, samples in memory, different programs with complex settings, etc, this can add extra duty on the CPU (this IS a computer after all).

some people use midi keyboards some use physical gear and midi. to simply say "its a bug" just because a handful of enthusiasts have the issue on an enthusiast forum does not make it a bug.

i have not read every post in this thread but Im sitting here now tapping note repeat on an 8 bar sequence with a couple of choice programs and using swing and note repeat is working as it should. I should say i ONLY use BOTH machines standalone.

if someone wants to post a step by step to show the bug is reproduced EACH time, go ahead and do so, so others who aren't having an issue can attempt.

With me it only happens sometimes
By Danoc Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:08 pm
If this is only happening with like 4 people this has to be a bug, plus it has never been heard of until now. I'm not experiencing this and I use note repeat like a wild animal LOL For those that use note repeat and it's BUGGING OUT on them its a bug, its not normal. And it needs fixing. A bug doesn't have to be wide spread, if it's not working normal then its a bug.

marctronixx wrote:obviously its not wide spread. i use note repeat often and don't experience any issues. i have a lunch day live AND X.

By Danoc Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:11 pm
cloud777 wrote:With me it only happens sometimes

It shouldn't happen at all, you paid for a fully functional item, that's the pits, cause people really rely on that note repeat. I hope mines don't go down, but if it did, I would be able to rock it in Reason, 50% of the time I do my note repeat functions in Reason.
By Ill-Green Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:34 pm
This sucks, though I never used note repeat because I got fingers like a drummer on caffeine, but I can see others will need it, I notified that smugged smiley face, I think everyone should too even if you don't use it, act like you do and complain. 8)
By renegadebliss Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:11 pm
Just because somebody can’t give step by step instructions to recreate it does not make it not a bug. It just makes it hard to recreate and fix.

And Akai indicating that it’s pad sensitivity is interesting since no one is touching the pad. Are they trying to say the sound of the speakers are triggering it? Did anyone see this when they were using headphones?

Grab your phone the next time it happens and record a video of it happening with nobody pressing pads.

Also if it was due to cpu overload that would still be a bug. The 4 people here who saw it, how taxed was your cpu? How big was your project?

I use my MPC 4000 live. I use Note repeat all the time. With all sensitivity levels... in clubs with BIG speakers. Never seen this before. This behavior would stop me from being able to play in front of a live audience.... which would be a shame for a unit called MPC Live....

Cheers,
David
By Danoc Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 pm
Lmao

Ill-Green wrote:This sucks, though I never used note repeat because I got fingers like a drummer on caffeine,

)
By Danoc Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:38 pm
Facts!

renegadebliss wrote:Just because somebody can’t give step by step instructions to recreate it does not make it not a bug. It just makes it hard to recreate and fix.

And Akai indicating that it’s pad sensitivity is interesting since no one is touching the pad. Are they trying to say the sound of the speakers are triggering it? Did anyone see this when they were using headphones?

Grab your phone the next time it happens and record a video of it happening with nobody pressing pads.

Also if it was due to cpu overload that would still be a bug. The 4 people here who saw it, how taxed was your cpu? How big was your project?

I use my MPC 4000 live. I use Note repeat all the time. With all sensitivity levels... in clubs with BIG speakers. Never seen this before. This behavior would stop me from being able to play in front of a live audience.... which would be a shame for a unit called MPC Live....

Cheers,
David
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:00 pm
It is only happened with one project for me. I really don’t even think about anymore. It could have been fixed with the last update for all I know. I think Marco might be on to something. It was a big project, lots of tracks, samples etc. although I can say I have never got close to memory being full, it was a larger one.
If it happenes again I’ll let y’all know, I’m using the live almost daily and still haven’t seen it happen.