MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By n3rdi3st Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 am
Hi - In sampler mode I see resample but you have to play your sequence for it to record.

Do you guys know if there is a way to resample/record while using track mute within the MPC Live?

I tend to build my song with track mute.
By pspsounds Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Hit the track mute button and then hit record. While your sequence is playing hit the tracks you want to mute/unmute. When you are done play back the sequence and it should play the track back as recorded.
By n3rdi3st Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 pm
I haven’t had any luck. For some reason it hasn’t been recording correctly. I would record my muted tracks but after recording and I play back my sequence, the tracks that I muted was still playing.

I pressed REC instead of OVER DUB and PLAY START to have it recorded at the beginning.

Any ideas?
By n3rdi3st Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:05 pm
Ok so I believe I know why the Track Mute recording isn’t consistent.

The first time when I’m in the Track Mute screen and record my sequence, it works.

But if I hit REC then Play Start, it doesn’t record as it goes back to the first time I recorded my sequence.

For some odd reason if I wanted to start over and record my muted tracks again, I would have to press UNDO and record again. Instead of just pressing REC.

Not sure if this is a glitch or not. Let me know if this is happening to you guys that record in the Track Mute screen.

Weird. I’m on 2.1.0 firmware
Last edited by n3rdi3st on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pspsounds Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:05 pm
If you want to record additional track mutes use overdub instead of record. If you want to edit the track mutes use event list editor. My preference is to record mutes on the fly. It’s one of my favorite features.
By n3rdi3st Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:24 pm
Yea I like to use track mute to record on the fly as well. I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong but I’ll just hit Undo if I mess up instead of Record.

Thanks for your help!