MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Crumb$ Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 pm
Hey, I just got my MPC Live but theres no samples on it. I installed the software but it's saying I need to activate it with some ilok thing..... And the installer quits when I try to install the driver...

I'm on a 2012 Macbook Pro running OSx 10.13

Can someone please point me at a straightforward guide on how to set this thing up from scratch...?

Thanks
By Crumb$ Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 pm
kaydigi wrote:Op, was that a new unit. You sound like you have the Live with the erase internal memory bug.

I just bought it today. There's nothing on the memory at all. I thought there should be, but then thought maybe you have to download everything. There's no info for new users in the box so I'm a bit lost...

Should there be any samples/demos on it to start with?
By Crumb$ Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 pm
Ok, did a firmware update and its got demos on it now. But on my Mac, the installer still quits when I try to install the driver to connect the software. I know with High Sierra you need to allow the driver in the security preferences, but thats AFTER you install the driver, which is the bit I can't get to work...
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:26 pm
There’s a thread for live and that Mac OS, your not the first with issues for it. Check it out those guys might have come up with an answer.
By Danoc Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:31 pm
If you bought a brand new MPC LIve, sounds should be on the internal hard drive called the Vault. You also need to properly install the software and use the blue cord that came with your unit.

Crumb$ wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Op, was that a new unit. You sound like you have the Live with the erase internal memory bug.

I just bought it today. There's nothing on the memory at all. I thought there should be, but then thought maybe you have to download everything. There's no info for new users in the box so I'm a bit lost...

By Bronxgroove Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:48 am
I also just bought the MPC Live and all the samples are on it. When I install the software on my mac do I need to install all the sound libraries and virtual instruments?
By Danoc Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:35 am
No! Just the virtual instruments free from Air/Akai. They are really dope. The vault and all those sounds will be on your Live. Are you using the software also?

Bronxgroove wrote:I also just bought the MPC Live and all the samples are on it. When I install the software on my mac do I need to install all the sound libraries and virtual instruments?
By Bronxgroove Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:15 am
Ok cool. I was just going to try the software and see what its like and that's when I noticed all the files to download. Also I don't have a turntable because all my songs are on my iPhone. Is there any way import songs to the Live?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am
You need to hook up an external storage device to your Live (Flash drive,SD,SSD etc.) and transfer your files there by using a computer..
Bronxgroove wrote:Ok cool. I was just going to try the software and see what its like and that's when I noticed all the files to download. Also I don't have a turntable because all my songs are on my iPhone. Is there any way import songs to the Live?
By Icepulse Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm
Crumb$ wrote:

Take it back PRONTO.
By Bronxgroove Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:00 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:You need to hook up an external storage device to your Live (Flash drive,SD,SSD etc.) and transfer your files there by using a computer..
Bronxgroove wrote:Ok cool. I was just going to try the software and see what its like and that's when I noticed all the files to download. Also I don't have a turntable because all my songs are on my iPhone. Is there any way import songs to the Live?

Ok thanks