MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Majestik Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:15 am
Question for Akai Professional..Why are the sounds in the Akai MPC X so loud? Some of them are programmed at +6db. Why? this sounds terrible.. and it's a waste of time to have to go in the pad mixer and adjust every sound to an appropriate level. Very Unprofessional Akai Professional.. you guys should know better. most audio interfaces are designed to process sounds at or around -18db and you guys have these stock sound in your expansions going up to +6db.. terrible ... shame on you i'm disappointed..
By Danoc Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:42 am
You're going to be even more disappointed. This is not the official Akai site. This is a forum of MPC owners. We share into to better improve our work flow.

Majestik wrote:Question for Akai Professional..Why are the sounds in the Akai MPC X so loud? Some of them are programmed at +6db. Why? this sounds terrible.. and it's a waste of time to have to go in the pad mixer and adjust every sound to an appropriate level. Very Unprofessional Akai Professional.. you guys should know better. most audio interfaces are designed to process sounds at or around -18db and you guys have these stock sound in your expansions going up to +6db.. terrible ... shame on you i'm disappointed..
By Ill-Green Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:11 am
Would it be professional if Akai did all the work a producer suppose to do in the studio? Can't expect ham and eggs served to your bed the rest of your life. Gotta make the myths man.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 am
Stock sounds need the 'wow' factor so they are made to sound good in isolation, i.e. LOUD. They are there to persuade you to buy the MPC, I doubt much thought is put into how useful the sounds are. Anyway, don't waste your time with the crappy stock sounds, but some proper sounds from my site: http://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php/ ... xpansions/ :)
By Danoc Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm
Lmao you're a salesman lol

MPC-Tutor wrote:Stock sounds need the 'wow' factor so they are made to sound good in isolation, i.e. LOUD. They are there to persuade you to buy the MPC, I doubt much thought is put into how useful the sounds are. Anyway, don't waste your time with the crappy stock sounds, but some proper sounds from my site: http://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php/ ... xpansions/ :)