MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Andro martinez Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 am
Hi guys im new to the MPC X and I've been trying and trying and i cant for the love of god find out how to enable the basic feature of been able to discard or delete also time stretch, copy, bit reduce and stereo to mono, they all live in the sample edit when you press shift and and go to process, i went and bought the MPCX bible thinking the answer is there, I've looked and no luck, if this is a safety feature, ITS THE WORST SAFETY EVER>
anyway i appreciate the help
thank you
By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 pm
Those features are only available in SAMPLE EDIT > TRIM, they are purposely disabled in CHOP mode, things like time stretch and delete are not there because they would affect the length of the entire file being chopped - once you begin chopping a file you need to keep the length of the entire file constant. The others I assume are not technically possible - how are you going to make one portion of an audio file mono while the rest of it is stereo? It's not so much a safety feature, it's just not practical or technically possible to do that.