MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kvmoore Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:53 pm
This thread is 3 years old now. However, I just recently bought an MPC X and I'm wondering the same thing---as in--has this issue been resolved now in a recent update? In other words, is there now a faster way to browse samples (in the browser) or even increment values ( when entering data in certain fields) in the MPC?

One nice tip Akai could learn from the MPC2500 JJOS is incrementing or decrementing the value by 10 when holding down the shift key while using the data wheel or increment decrement buttons will make selecting values a lot faster. In the case of browsing, holding down the shift key while using the data wheel or increment and decrement buttons to page up or down by one would make browsing a lot faster more intuitive!!!! Oh, and holding down shift while swiping up or down on the touchscreen for faster scrolling would also be just as good/essential as well.

Another thing I would like to see in the MPC X/Live/One that JJ has implemented nicely in the MPC1000/2500 is the ability to copy and paste names while in the naming screen. That would make consisant naming/renaming of projects, programs, or samples MUCH EASIER!!!!

In addition, these are features I would consider essential because they would tremendously reduce the amount of wear on the data wheel (rotory encoder) and buttons (increment and decrement on the MPC X).
By wavejockey Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 am
you can always enter a number (on the keypad) , it will jump to "that" sample (in memory)
By Ultros Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:27 am
kvmoore wrote:This thread is 3 years old now. However, I just recently bought an MPC X and I'm wondering the same thing---as in--has this issue been resolved now in a recent update? In other words, is there now a faster way to browse samples (in the browser) or even increment values ( when entering data in certain fields) in the MPC?

One nice tip Akai could learn from the MPC2500 JJOS is incrementing or decrementing the value by 10 when holding down the shift key while using the data wheel or increment decrement buttons will make selecting values a lot faster. In the case of browsing, holding down the shift key while using the data wheel or increment and decrement buttons to page up or down by one would make browsing a lot faster more intuitive!!!! Oh, and holding down shift while swiping up or down on the touchscreen for faster scrolling would also be just as good/essential as well.

WOAH WOAH WOAH THERE BUDDY. You post has too much sane logic for akai. lol I literally thought the exact same thing. Hold shift for fast scroll using the knob or the -/+ keys. Then I realised didnt do it... Absolutely something that needs to be implemented.
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:54 pm
Devils Advocate here....

As With My Smartphone, I can Scroll Slow or Fast depending on how I swipe my Screen. Maybe I have a Magic MPC, but if I perform 1 "Long" Swipe, it'll scroll pass, close to 40+ files instantly.

In my opinion....the Touch Screen is there to Make it easy to Navigate. Im from the Old School. Naming Files, Scrolling Samples, etc, on My other MPCs takes FOREVER lol. No matter how big the screen is.

When i get on My 4000, i find myself tapping the Screen :lol: Nope...gotta use the Cursor. Name a Sample....Gotta Use the Cursor and 100 Button Presses to spell it out :lol:

They Dont Know The Struggle :lol:
By richie Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:12 pm
Does anyone know if its possible to make a sample of only the snare sound from a drum loop? I don't want the whole loop, just the snare.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:02 pm
40Beatz wrote:When i get on My 4000, I find myself tapping the Screen :lol:

I've done this with 4k and 2kxl. :Sigh:
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:17 pm
richie wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to make a sample of only the snare sound from a drum loop? I don't want the whole loop, just the snare.

Many ways....

But you can Trim The Snare in Sample Edit (Start/End Points). Hit Process, select Extract...Name The Sample, Select the Location where you wanna save it to.
By Monotremata Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:06 pm
Lampdog wrote:
40Beatz wrote:When i get on My 4000, I find myself tapping the Screen :lol:

I've done this with 4k and 2kxl. :Sigh:

OMG I'm glad I'm not the only one. I do that shit all the time to my EMU too. Sit there smacking the screen going 'COME ON LOOP DAMMIT' then realize, oh yeah this thing came out in 1999..
By Lampdog Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 pm
40Beatz wrote:
richie wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to make a sample of only the snare sound from a drum loop? I don't want the whole loop, just the snare.

Many ways....

But you can Trim The Snare in Sample Edit (Start/End Points). Hit Process, select Extract...Name The Sample, Select the Location where you wanna save it to.

I think he was being sarcastic. :lol: