MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Databomb Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:26 pm
Trying to change the RYTM's patterns via program change and it's 2 bars late. Anybody know of a workaround and/or fix? It's driving me mad. I'd love use this combo live but as is I can't. :(
By Lampdog Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:31 pm
Place the program change in 2 bars early.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:32 pm
There’s an issue with the elektron’s and program changes. You may want to look at thier forum for your answer. I believe there was some reasoning behind it, it’s there on a few of the boxes. Even using them together apparently. I could be wrong about the rhythm in particular but I have seen this mentioned numerous times on differnt forums.
By Databomb Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 am
Cockdiesel wrote:There’s an issue with the elektron’s and program changes. You may want to look at thier forum for your answer. I believe there was some reasoning behind it, it’s there on a few of the boxes. Even using them together apparently. I could be wrong about the rhythm in particular but I have seen this mentioned numerous times on differnt forums.

Yea so far no fix. Been reading all day and nada. Hahahah!
By Databomb Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:09 pm
itsnotlikeitmatters wrote:I do t have it in front of me, but there is a setting in the Rytm (and Octa, A4, etc) that causes this. It is where you set the pattern length on the Elektron stuff.

If you know the magic setting please share. ;)
By Lampdog Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:06 am
Maybe you can print that audio as a wav file and let that wave file play as a sample in mpc, sequence it. Make it run along with the regular sequences and no one would know the difference.

So make the changes 2 bars early, record it to wav so everything is perfect (printed audio). Sequence that wave sample as it's own sequence (nothing else playing in that sequence).
By bra10 Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:53 pm
Go to the Page Scale Screen (FUNC + Page) and switch to ADVance mode on the left. Then set CHNG from OFF to 4. Now Rytm should respond not 2 bars late but just 1 beat. I know its far from being perfect but it often fits for my style of music...