MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:14 pm
I could’ve sworn I seen a tubedigga video where he was already using midi learn.
It’s about to get crazy for me with an apc, that midi mix and midi fighter looks like it could really get crazy.
By Fanu Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:24 am
Humanize - You can now randomize the timing or velocity of MIDI events. From the GUI go to Edit > Humanize. From the TUI go to the Track section and press the Pencil icon to bring up the Track Overlay, and choose Humanize.

Nice.
By Emergingstates Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:50 am
MPC 2.2 Desktop Software and Firmware Update

Compatibility

This is a firmware and software update.

Desktop Software

The MPC 2.2 desktop software can now be controlled by any external MIDI control surface such as keyboards and pad controllers enabling hands-on control of MPC’s predefined parameters.

Downloading the Update

To download the MPC 2.2 Desktop Software Update, log into your Akai Pro user account or through MPC 2.1 when prompted. For instructions on installing the update, please visit our knowledge base article here.

Firmware

This release is for MPC X and MPC Live hardware.

Downloading the Update

To download the 2.2 Firmware Update, navigate to the MPC X or MPC Live product page and click on Downloads to find the Mac and PC download links:

MPC Live product page
MPC X product page
For instructions on installing the update, please visit our knowledge base article here.

New Features

MIDI Learn Global - The MPC desktop software can now be controlled by external MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards and pad controllers. Once you have configured a Global MIDI Learn template, its assignments and the Enable On/Off will persist so that each time you open the MPC application your controller assignments will instantly be ready to be used.

Learn your MIDI controller’s physical controls to the MPC software’s Pads, Q-Links, Transport or other assignable parameters.
Show the MIDI Learn panel by going to View>Browser>MIDI Learn or by clicking the MIDI Learn icon in the Status Bar at the bottom of the MPC app.
To learn your controller to MPC parameters, go to the MIDI Learn panel and click the Learn button On, then in the MPC app click on any parameter that has a yellow overlay to select it, then move or press a physical control. You can toggle a MIDI map on or off using the Enable button.
In the MIDI Learn panel the drop down menu in the top right-hand corner contains the following options for managing your MIDI maps : New, Duplicate, Clear, Delete, Export and Import.
MPC ships with a range of factory MIDI maps for popular MIDI controllers.
When Learn is On hold Shift and move a physical control to select the slot in the list it has been mapped to.
To make it easier to navigate the list of MIDI assignments use the View menu to filter by type. From the MIDI Learn drop down menu tick the List Follows Control option, now the View filter automatically follows the MPC control section that you last clicked on.
MIDI Learn Project. - The MPC standalone and desktop software’s automatable parameters can now be controlled by external MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards, pad controllers and MIDI mixers

Learn your MIDI controllers physical controls to MPC’s automatable parameters.
Configure a control surface as a mixer surface to control the volume, pan and sends of programs and audio tracks in your project.
Control program parameters such as drum program filters and synthesizer parameters.
Control insert FX and other automatable parameters.
When Learn is On hold Alt and move the controls on your MIDI controller to quickly add multiple assignment slots.
Take your project with all of the Project MIDI controller assignments from the desktop software to your standalone.
In the desktop software go to View > Browser > MIDI Learn Browser and from the top choose the Project tab. Click the Learn button On, then click the plus button to add a new assignment slot. To choose the target, move an automatable parameter in the MPC GUI. For example, moving the mixer strip Volume of Program 001, the two Target combo boxes are then automatically populated. If you would prefer you can manually assign the target parameter using the Target sections drop down menus. To learn a MIDI hardware control to the current assignment slot simply move the physical control on your MIDI device. The Type, Channel and Data fields will be automatically populated by the MIDI message from your controller. These assignments will be saved and recalled with your MPC project. When MPC can not accurately determine the type of the incoming message you can edit the type using the Type field.

In standalone go to MIDI Control Mode and then the MIDI Learn tab, tap the Learn button to begin listening to incoming controller messages, tap the + icon to create an empty MIDI assignment slot. The currently selected slot is now listening for an incoming MIDI message. Move any physical control on your MIDI controller to assign it and this will populate the Type, Channel and Data fields with the incoming message. To assign the slot to an MPC automation parameter such as Program 001 Volume, in the left hand Inspector go to the Source field and assign it to Program > Program 001 > Program 001, next go to the Parameter field and set this to Mixer > Volume. Turn Learn Off and move the physical control you assigned, it should now move the Program 001 Volume. These assignments will be saved and recalled with your MPC project. When MPC can not accurately determine the type of the incoming message you can edit the type using the Type field.

There is now a Preference option to toggle displaying multiple plugin windows off. Go to Preferences > General > Allow Multiple Plugin Windows.

Humanize - You can now randomize the timing or velocity of MIDI events. From the GUI go to Edit > Humanize. From the TUI go to the Track section and press the Pencil icon to bring up the Track Overlay, and choose Humanize.

Generate Random Events - MPC can now generate random melodic patterns and drum beats. From the GUI go to Tools > Generate Random Events. On the TUI go to the Track section and press the Pencil icon to bring up the Track Overlay, from the overlay choose Generate Random Events. Use the Event Type field to choose between generating Drum or Melodic events, this field will be automatically set to Drum when opening the popup on a track with a drum program and Melodic for other program types. Use the other controls to configure the density of the added events. To try out different ideas without closing the popup use the Apply button.

The standalone can now load a user template project from the Launch page. To assign a user template go to Preferences, Project Load/Save tab, Template field and tap the magnifying glass icon to choose your project or from the Save As popup tick the Save As Template field. To load your template project when starting a new project press the User Template f-key on the Launch Screen.
By Ill-Green Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:01 pm
So MIDI Learn is a feature that will teach you numerous tutorials on how to MIDI? Jk :)

Never forget this is an MPC, we, the users, created. Even if the Live dropped today, it'll still be like it was in 2017. 2.2 is our fruitation to feast on after much sowing a.k.a the bitchin' and the moaning like two pregnant women in a delivery room. **** Akai if they scared to post here, but this is our made MPC.

Salute eryboty :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By Databomb Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:50 am
Not quite the randomization I was hoping for, like conditional trigs on the Elektron gear, but nice! Excited for MIDI learn! Good capture!
By Aerz Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:10 pm
Akai held an event here in NYC at Sam Ash with producer Ski Beatz showing how he uses his MPC-X with his modular gear via CV last night. There were 2 Akai reps on hand allowing us to ask them questions about the Live, X and software. Akai rep Drew mentioned that an update is coming where you can transfer files wireless and gave a scenario where if you’re at a studio and there is 2 rooms and each room have a Live or an X you can send files wireless to the other MPC's is the example he gave while being in separate rooms. Ski Beatz ask Akai when will side chaining be available. The rep couldn’t give an answer. Ski Beatz stated that he loaded up about an hour worth of music for a show into his MPC X placing songs into each pad and bank which lead to his MPC X unable to handle the task and giving out on him. I ask the rep Drew will streaming from disk be available in the future. I've should've known better to ask this question because the rep (who is basically a sale person) was stuck didn't know how to answer the question and didn't know what I meant even after I explained it to him that the feature will help free up ram space and would allow Ski Beatz to load an hour worth of music onto MPC-X pads without giving problems.
By Elektrobolt Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Looks like everything is getting lined up for multitimbral support.

How do you figure?

(I never saw the 2.2 page, and am really looking forward to a full MIDI implementation.)
By Cockdiesel Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm
They are focusing on midi features. I think this is critical to the live becoming a multi-Timbral instrument. I could be wrong but it was my guess.
By Danoc Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 pm
Is anyone experiencing the midi mtc and letting the MPC Live/X be the master?
By sneakydisco Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:37 pm
I was told week or two ago that the next update will FIX THE MIDI TRIGGER BUG !!!! i really hope so , as at the moment the MPC X gives the option to send out a midi trigger to other devices to START , i.e. trigger a start message to a drum machine . IT DOESNT DO THIS WHEN LINKED TO THE SOFTWARE . It only does this in standalone mode.
Why give the option in the settings page when it doesn't work . THIS IS SURELY FALSE ADVERTISING !!
Sort this out AKAI , this mpcx is supposed to be a studio hub ! its useless if doesn't send out MMC or midi start AND clock messages .
I was told it would be in 2.2 .
oh and also SAMPLE CROSSFADE BLEND THINGY .
forget wifi , room to room , midi learning , GET THE BASSICS RIGHT !