MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By psoul Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:The humanize option is sweet... a really killer addition.

I’ve noticed some other general smoothing of some minor bugs. Need to check assigning q links from the project tab.

This machine is a monster... if they implement multi timbral input and xfade loops I’ll be belly full.

yes please cause i'm trying to assign qlinks to effects but i can't anymore (and old song with these setting did not load qlinks assignment anymore, if i revert to 2.1 yes)
dunno if they change something on the way to assign qlinks in project page
By Danoc Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Let me ask you are ypu talking about 3rd party plugins or the Air plugins? Hell for me 3rd party plugins never showed. I never got pissed because l have 2 DAWs.

optik415 wrote:
I did a rescan but plug-ins still show up blank! Will investigate more when I get home
By Icepulse Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:48 pm
Why there's no access to audio tracks in the "Track Mute" page is totally beyond me. How the $%&@ is "Humanize" more a priority than this?!?
By psoul Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:57 pm
Icepulse wrote:Why there's no access to audio tracks in the "Track Mute" page is totally beyond me. How the $%&@ is "Humanize" more a priority than this?!?

with 2.2 u can mute audio track from an external controller but not from track mute
is beyond everything man
By Insomniac Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:27 pm
Danoc wrote:Let me ask you are ypu talking about 3rd party plugins or the Air plugins? Hell for me 3rd party plugins never showed. I never got pissed because l have 2 DAWs.

optik415 wrote:
I did a rescan but plug-ins still show up blank! Will investigate more when I get home

My issue is with third party 32bit plugins that were bridged for 64bit DAW use, worked before update now just blank black windows
By Fuseball Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:52 pm
psoul wrote:yes please cause i'm trying to assign qlinks to effects but i can't anymore (and old song with these setting did not load qlinks assignment anymore, if i revert to 2.1 yes)

Yeah, hoping this is just an oversight and an unfortunate bug. I was using the qlinks assigned to effect parameters quite a bit before. Looks like I need to roll back to 2.1 until this is fixed. Such a shame as I was liking the look of a lot of the 2.2 additions.
By Danoc Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:03 pm
Insomniac wrote:My issue is with third party 32bit plugins that were bridged for 64bit DAW use, worked before update now just blank black windows

Ok l see. Yeah it never worked for me. And lm using 64 bit vsts.
By Fanu Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm
Was just about to say it's looking pretty good, and I pulled MPC Live out, installed 2.2, dusted it and got busy with a beat…after doing 64 chops and laying down the first notes, it crashed on me in standalone mode. Haven't saved the project. Ah man. Not stoked.
By psoul Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Fuseball wrote:
psoul wrote:yes please cause i'm trying to assign qlinks to effects but i can't anymore (and old song with these setting did not load qlinks assignment anymore, if i revert to 2.1 yes)

Yeah, hoping this is just an oversight and an unfortunate bug. I was using the qlinks assigned to effect parameters quite a bit before. Looks like I need to roll back to 2.1 until this is fixed. Such a shame as I was liking the look of a lot of the 2.2 additions.

same revert back to 2.1
shame
By Fanu Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:02 pm
Decided to start again. Crashed again. Christ. Maybe it's something about the particular about the two samples im using…
By psoul Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:14 pm
Fanu wrote:Third crash. Wow. 2.2 can suck my d1ck.
Is there a way to revert the hardware back to 2.1? :/

download 2.1 installer and run it
By Fanu Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm
Went back to 2.1…crashed pretty much immediately after loading that project, too.
I have either created some cursed project or my MPC Live is somehow busted.
Hoping it's not the latter.
By Fanu Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:07 pm
This might be a long shot, but the cable in the power supply was slightly loose, so I disconnected and reconnected it.
Also disconnected the USB cable (not the blue Akai one) from a USB hub.
Been working with that "cursed" project normally since. Will test a bit more.

Also, Dan on GS PMd me and wanted to help, so props to him.

Back to 2.2!
By JeriKo Jackson Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 pm
I also experienced a crash on a light project. I had zero crashes on 2.1.

As far as project tab qlink assignments, I have no issues. I able to assign qlinks to any insert effect I dialed up. I did experience some weird behavior with values not tracking accurately while turning the knob but it stopped after reassigning the control.