MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By optik415 Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:18 pm
Danoc wrote:Let me ask you are ypu talking about 3rd party plugins or the Air plugins? Hell for me 3rd party plugins never showed. I never got pissed because l have 2 DAWs.

optik415 wrote:
I did a rescan but plug-ins still show up blank! Will investigate more when I get home

Im talking about bridged 32-bit plug-ins to use in a 64-bit environment! they have a blank GUI now but were working fine in previous releases
By Danoc Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 am
Ok, l installed 2.2. I am able to see my Vsts now and effects from 3rd party companies. Im able to use the QLinks knob to contro them. Like Echo Boy from sound toys, so that leaves me mouse free. :-D
I bought up Analog Lab Vst and it rocks.

I have to see if my the Live can be a master to Reason 10. There is a sync tab up top and shows off, MMC AND MTC. That's been there since 2.0.5. I never turned it that's why my midi didn't trigger notes in Reason 10. So l will test it tomorrow. Akai's update :worthy:
By plule Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:38 am
Fuseball wrote:
psoul wrote:yes please cause i'm trying to assign qlinks to effects but i can't anymore (and old song with these setting did not load qlinks assignment anymore, if i revert to 2.1 yes)
dunno if they change something on the way to assign qlinks in project page

Yeah, hoping this is just an oversight and an unfortunate bug. I was using the qlinks assigned to effect parameters quite a bit before. Looks like I need to roll back to 2.1 until this is fixed. Such a shame as I was liking the look of a lot of the 2.2 additions.

Fuseball, psoul, I got the same thing my old songs had their "program effect" qlinks changed to "pad effect" in 2.2. Changing it back to "program" solved the issue for me.
By psoul Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:09 am
plule wrote:
Fuseball, psoul, I got the same thing my old songs had their "program effect" qlinks changed to "pad effect" in 2.2. Changing it back to "program" solved the issue for me.

sorry i don't understand
i can't assign qlinks to effect parameter even from scratch, i'm in mpc live
By plule Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:21 am
psoul wrote:sorry i don't understand
i can't assign qlinks to effect parameter even from scratch, i'm in mpc live

Strange, here is a picture of the setup that works for me, maybe I did not understood what you meant https://imgur.com/a/P10Gr
By psoul Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 am
plule wrote:Ah it seems it's not the same issue, sorry

no prob and thank for the help anyway :)
By Fanu Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:08 pm
Not sure if these were there before 2.2, but I enjoy these anyways:

• When you highlight notes in grid view, pressing shift gives you options to copy, paste, etc. I always thought we need a quicker way to delete notes…so cutting it will do it.
• You can now copy "copy only selected events" from any track/seq to wherever instead of copying everything.
By turbo46 Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:25 pm
Please next update a good improvement of browser searching. Thanks
By cmackg Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 am
I upgraded was all happy working, stumbled on some automation that annoys me. And I thought "Oh, yeah," they added automation edit in this release, dug around for a while before I remembered, no, that's in the iMPC update. How come iMPC gets that feature first/////
But yeah, happy with the Live, they keep updating it, so not a relic yet.
By Cockdiesel Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:16 am
^ that’s a really good sign actually.

If someone was inclined to look I bet there is a correlation between the two.

IMO Akai is getting these updates out in a nice style. A partnership with propellerheads will go along way as well.

The tubedigga videos were dope to see when it dropped. Whatever they’re working on with propellerheads they need to put in his hands. I could be off the mark but Akai did develop the original push with Ableton. Not looking for hardware but they sure could develop some cool stuff together.!
By thekenderman Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:06 am
I have a ton of wave plugins that I've gotten to work in older versions of MPC, and the inclusion of wave shell scanning is welcome. Well, now all my waves plugins in 2.2 will show, and work but....what happens is odd.

I add a plugin to a track or program such as an EQ, I will do what I need to that plugin and close its window. When I go back to that window, it's all blacked out. All of my waves plugins do that. None of my other 3rd parties do that.

I have reinstalled my waves plugins and still no dice.

Anyone else?
By tsutek Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am
great update! I think I’ll connect an ext pad controller for toggling track mutes, using pads 1-4 for audio tracks 1-4 and the remaining pads to mute/unmute non-audio tracks 1-12.

Still waiting for full qlink mappability tho! Hope it will come to standalone eventually..
By mrcrappypantson Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:43 pm
Fanu wrote:Not sure if these were there before 2.2, but I enjoy these anyways:

• When you highlight notes in grid view, pressing shift gives you options to copy, paste, etc. I always thought we need a quicker way to delete notes…so cutting it will do it.
• You can now copy "copy only selected events" from any track/seq to wherever instead of copying everything.

I'm not sure either but I will definitely be using them now! Thanks