MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 pm
So in essence your X can master clock your software?
Dang selling 2000XL? Whooooa

sneakydisco wrote:@ DANOC , in 2,1 i could not get my external devices such as drum machines to start when i pressed play on the software. ( there is a preference setting page that did NOTHING !) It worked on the MPC X in standalone , all 4 ports worked. NOT IN SOFTWARE MODE THOUGH.
NOW , in 2.2 it works ! I can press start on my project /session/work in the software and everything starts , and its in time . so in technical speak i suppose 2.2 now enables the computer software to be the MASTER , the MPC X then sends the MMC and MIDI clock signal out of any or all 4 ports on the back to other things as SLAVE .
this is HUGE for me , as the MPCX was advertised as being "the central hub of the studio and sychronizes computer DAW into workflow" . . . . . . . except . .. . it didn't. Stunned no one else picked up on this , but i felt very let down when found out this didn't work.
PROPS TO DAN AT AKAI! i asked for this and he said it was a bug that would be fixed in 2.2 in a few weeks , and here it is !
IM VERY HAPPY NOW , SEAMLESS INTEGRATION BETWEEN HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE NOW. THIS IS A MIND-BLOWING PIECE OF KIT AND I HAVENT EVEN SCRATCHED THE SURFACE OF ITS POWER. I CAN SELL MY 2000XL STUDIO AND MY VP9000 . ALL MY EFFECTS BOXES AND DITCH DAW TOO AS THIS HAS IT ALL.
By JeriKo Jackson Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm
Solid update...

Disappointed that xfade loops was not added.

Obviously no global MIDI learn is a letdown but I hope with the foundation in place that the MIDI learn functionality is expanded in standalone. I just want to be able to access track mute and next seq without using the Menu.

Akai has exceeded my expectations in their consistent updates so I'm hopeful for more improvements.
By optik415 Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:13 pm
Insomniac wrote:Yeah, now my VSTs dont show up when I open their window, its just a blank black background with the patch list pull down at the top. Seems only to be the bridged 32bit plugins

Anyone else?

Same here! Rescanning everything, hopefully it works
By optik415 Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:14 pm
This update says it can finally scan Waves Audio plug-in shells! Any confirm this?
By analog kitchen Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm
Enjoying what it can do thus far. It’s brnging more power to the live performance. So imho finally the MPC live will be a stronger live contender.

What I’d love to see in a future update is more mapping possibilities. I’ve not managed to automate the XY and would love to have the effects be mor accessible from an external controller.

Currently I’m mapping a launchcontrol xl to the MPCL and would love to b able to stutter, reverb tail, etc from it. Also I didn’t see any possibility to map the q-links to the LCXL?
Last edited by analog kitchen on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
By darwingrosse Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 pm
I'll agree that it's unfortunate that Global MIDI Learn is software only, but I will give them props for allowing more than one mapping per MIDI control. I was just fooling around with a kick drum crossfader by having the same control managing the level of two different kick drums, but with one of them flipped, the control now becomes a kick crossfader!

Awesome option for variations when playing live!

[ddg]
By kaydigi Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:51 pm
analog kitchen wrote:Enjoying what it can do thus far. It’s brnging more power to the live performance. So imho finally the MPC live will be a stronger live contender.

What I’d love to see in a future update is more mapping possibilities. I’ve not managed to automate the XY and would love to have the effects be mor accessible from an external controller.

Currently I’m mapping a launchcontrol xl to the MPCL and would love to b able to stutter, reverb tail, etc from it. Also I didn’t see any possibility to map the q-links to the LCXL?

Not possible... super disappointing

From Dan

Qlinks are global, so software only.

the idea is to map the controller to things the QLINKs arent doing, since the standalone has the qlinks already.
Last edited by kaydigi on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By analog kitchen Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 am
Wouldn’t it be smarter to just let the user decide what to map where? If the q-links do certain things then having a controller control that could be an extra.

I’d love to see the MPCL be as flexible as say Ableton in terms of mapping.

Just experienced my first crash/freeze as I tried to map out some xy stuff on a program.

All work lost now.

It’s getting there and it’s better but still more to gain I’d say
By optik415 Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:26 am
Only some wave plug-ins work! Not all. 9.2 she'll works fine but not the 9.7 shell. Had to leave for work so I don't have a list.
By optik415 Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 am
Danoc wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Yeah, now my VSTs dont show up when I open their window, its just a blank black background with the patch list pull down at the top. Seems only to be the bridged 32bit plugins

Anyone else?

You may need to reinstall that don't sound right, you may not have installed it correctly.

I did a rescan but plug-ins still show up blank! Will investigate more when I get home
By JeriKo Jackson Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:57 am
The humanize option is sweet... a really killer addition.

I’ve noticed some other general smoothing of some minor bugs. Need to check assigning q links from the project tab.

This machine is a monster... if they implement multi timbral input and xfade loops I’ll be belly full.
By Schmidi Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 am
Nice AKAI! I'm liking their updates and continued support. A good line keeps getting better!
By woketoad Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:13 am
Hesitant to update with talks about plug ins missing.. Is that in your DAW or within MPCL/X via MIDI software mode?
By MaScHiNeHeAd Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:25 am
What's up, guys...just my two cents..
So, everything seems solid so far, no bugs to speak of.
I can finally export expansions from my desktop without the software crapping out, so Akai gets a big tick there..
Only just updated, so not really had chance to play about with humanize & generate random events so I'll give them a whirl & return with my findings..

Peace..
By woketoad Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:15 am
woketoad wrote:Hesitant to update with talks about plug ins missing.. Is that in your DAW or within MPCL/X via MIDI software mode?

Couldn't wait, got a bit too "eager" :-D
Trying the randomize and humanize, they work excellent together. This is a new frontier for creation IMO. Within seconds you've got instant inspiration and newfound offbeat melodies.