MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sinik Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm
Fanu wrote:Not sure if these were there before 2.2, but I enjoy these anyways:

• When you highlight notes in grid view, pressing shift gives you options to copy, paste, etc. I always thought we need a quicker way to delete notes…so cutting it will do it.
• You can now copy "copy only selected events" from any track/seq to wherever instead of copying everything.

those features were first announced in 2.1. I'm currently on 2.1 and use this alot.
What bothers me is, that there is still no way to jump from note to note with the cursor buttons...

i also think, that if you use "copy only selected events" it should highlight the pad you've selected, or at least give the information on the screen.
By Elektrobolt Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:25 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:if they implement multi timbral input...

I agree with you.

IMHO, this is in my opinion the biggest sucker right now.

I would think that anyone with any MIDI experience, assumed you could assign MIDI Ports/Channels to tracks, not just for output but for input as well.

If this does not get implemented, I have to say that I was fooled by the mantra of standalone, studio centerpiece and 6 hardware MIDI Ports and additional devices by USB. For an experienced MIDI musician, 'multi-timbrality' is definitely the implication given.
By optik415 Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:04 am
thekenderman wrote:I have a ton of wave plugins that I've gotten to work in older versions of MPC, and the inclusion of wave shell scanning is welcome. Well, now all my waves plugins in 2.2 will show, and work but....what happens is odd.

I add a plugin to a track or program such as an EQ, I will do what I need to that plugin and close its window. When I go back to that window, it's all blacked out. All of my waves plugins do that. None of my other 3rd parties do that.

I have reinstalled my waves plugins and still no dice.

Anyone else?

Same problem here as well as 32-bit bridged plug-ins! The GUI's are blank so it's definitely a bug. I'm gonna report this to Pete on twitter, in the meantime revert back to 2.1 and your waves plug-ins will work fine until this gets ironed out
By thekenderman Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:06 am
Yeah I'm gonna have to downgrade.
What a bummer. Thanks for the reply! I was going bonkers.

I don't know who Pete is but if he's the man, then go Pete!

optik415 wrote:
thekenderman wrote:I have a ton of wave plugins that I've gotten to work in older versions of MPC, and the inclusion of wave shell scanning is welcome. Well, now all my waves plugins in 2.2 will show, and work but....what happens is odd.

I add a plugin to a track or program such as an EQ, I will do what I need to that plugin and close its window. When I go back to that window, it's all blacked out. All of my waves plugins do that. None of my other 3rd parties do that.

I have reinstalled my waves plugins and still no dice.

Anyone else?

Same problem here as well as 32-bit bridged plug-ins! The GUI's are blank so it's definitely a bug. I'm gonna report this to Pete on twitter, in the meantime revert back to 2.1 and your waves plug-ins will work fine until this gets ironed out
By Danoc Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 am
:hmmm: People saying they can't see their plugin in this version but l cam see mines now. Before l couldn't.

Im interested in having the pad only trigger the notes in Reason 10. Syncong up to R10 using MMC or MTC is a thing of the past for me lm not tracking out. But l want to see if it works. Ima try this weekend.
By optik415 Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:51 am
Fanu wrote:I have only one bridged plugin – Massey Tapehead – and it works normally for me.
OSX 10.12.6.

Funny! I just found that plug-in in my old hard drive along with the VT-5 EQ :lol: I think the bridge issue is PC only
By psoul Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:40 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Are pad mutes missing from external Midi control or am i dreaming?

no u can track mute from external pad, even audio track this time
no idea about pad mute tbh
:)
By vwkountz Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 pm
I'm enjoying the new 2.2 update with my MPC Live and my Midi Fighter Twister, but Akai. Its time to make your own 16 qlink add-on with the scribble strips before someone else does. :smoker: :popcorn:
By Automageddon Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:04 pm
Speaking of which, do you know of any controller with a "scribble strip"? I'm currently using pen and tape...
By vwkountz Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:10 pm
I think Presous Fader port 8 and 16, but it would be a great controller for The MPC PRO line including the Advance keyboards. Make it wifi/usb 16 touch capacitive Qlink controls with OLED display.
By the way, I received an email from Akai suggesting your video Tube Digga. Great videos on the new features. :worthy:
By JeriKo Jackson Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:14 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Are pad mutes missing from external Midi control or am i dreaming?

Pad mute is available.

Add an assignment
Choose your desired pad
Select pad mute as target
By Sicko Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:13 am
Hi !

I'm a happy user of the MPC X and i find great to be able to use "any" controller to mess with the software for live performances mostly..
BUT it doesn't seem to work with an MPC studio (silver edition).. i had to part my mac drive with 2 different OS.. an old one to run basic mpc software with MPC studio (V1.i don't know what)..and an newer one to run version 2.+ ... when i launch v2.2 my MPC studio stays cold.. Seems odd to be able to run a MPC software with maschine and not with MPC studio..
Any idea ?

thank you !