MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ChrisMPC Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:41 pm
Updated my MPC Live (standalone) to FW 2.2 without problems.

My findings:
+ Aftertouch (channel pressure) on Midi-Track with external Midi keyboard now works - nice
+ generate random events: works and is a very nice feature
- Preference / Project load/save / template file: does not work in combination with my SD-Card
+/- humanize: not tested, as I do not need it
+/- Midi Learn: not tested, as I do not need it
+ Midi track - record NRPNs coming from external synths, seems to work now without
limitations (more testing needed to confirm)
- External Midi clock:
- Audio recording still not working
- Looper still not working
- BPM-indication still wrong
Last edited by ChrisMPC on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By sneakydisco Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 pm
Now it is possible to trigger external devices while in controller mode with Midi MMC or start trigger messages , also midi clock is transmitted too ! I'm very happy now ,
Aftertouch worked on 2.1 for me (my access virus ti)
Randomizer may be nice haven't tried it yet,
no sample blend crossfade yet like on the MPC4000 ( why ? surely the MPC X should do all that the previous models before could !!! )
no sidechain yet (if thats possible in the effects section )
NPRNS were being recorded and played back with 2.1 for me (filter sweeps , delays , modulation etc)
Haven't tried the audio recorder , i just use the sampler at the moment.
haven't tried the looper , again , i just use the sampler.
BPM indication ? ( not sure what you mean by this ? ) is it the auto detect in the sample edit screen ? if so you can trim it to better guess / detect it .
By ChrisMPC Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:40 pm
hi!
For your reference - I´m only talking about MPC Live in standalone:
Aftertouch (channel pressure) did not work before with this kind of setup: Midi-Keyboard -> MPC Live (standalone) -> External synth - this has been confirmed by other users
Midi-CCs were recorded without problems, NRPN-recording had a bug: it only recorded one NRPN-movement per track. This is described in more detail from somebody else.
BPM: On the main page it indicates the actual BPMs of your sequence. Whenever you use an external master-clock the BPM-value shown will not adjust to to actual tempo.
By sneakydisco Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm
Thanks for the info Chris Mpc , Dan at AKAI is amazing at listening to what WE ( the community) want , so i strongly suggest a suggestion and see what happens,
I'm over the moon i can now trigger external devices while in controller mode with Midi MMC or start trigger messages , also midi clock is transmitted too ! I'm very happy now the MPC X does what is says on the tin. a Midi Production Centre MPC .
By saintjoe Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:31 am
kaydigi wrote:
ChrisMPC wrote:Hi sneakydisco!
How can I contact Dan from Akai?

He posts on the gearslutz thread almost daily.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1122864-mpc-live-325.html#post13262707

His name is xparis001

I know I haven't been around here on the regular, not sure if I missed something, but I find it odd Dan posts there so often and not here :hmmm:

Ahh well :)
By Fanu Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 am
saintjoe wrote:I know I haven't been around here on the regular, not sure if I missed something, but I find it odd Dan posts there so often and not here :hmmm:

He's helpful, too; I had this super odd crashfest the other night (which I thought was due to 2.2, but it wasn't), and I mentioned that there, and he asked me to email him about it.
By ChrisMPC Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:11 am
Already contacted Dan - his reply to my issue:
"Sorry, but this is by design, actually. The MPC is designed to be the master clock when recording audio, and is unlikely to change. "

I do think this is a bug "by design" - if that is the case the MPC Live can never be used in a bigger system.
Why?
MPC Live is not suitable as master clock as it only sends Midi clock when it is running. Whenever you press stop on the MPC Live it stops sending Midi clock thereby stopping all other external gear!
So either Akai provides a "continuous master clock" or it allows the MPC Live beeing a clock-slave with a properly working Audio recording and Looper...
By Danoc Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 am
You hit it on the head. GS is a general site this is a straight up Akai site why not come here ? :hmmm:

saintjoe wrote:
kaydigi wrote:
I know I haven't been around here on the regular, not sure if I missed something, but I find it odd Dan posts there so often and not here :hmmm:

By Danoc Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:34 am
Ill-Green wrote:Eh Dan's a robot cocksucker. He trying to be professional at gearslutz so customers might take Akai serious.

Dammmm :lol:
By Moho Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:05 am
Ill-Green wrote:Eh Dan's a robot cocksucker. He trying to be professional at gearslutz so customers might take Akai serious.

Hmmm I wonder why Dan doesn't post here :lol: :lol: :lol: