MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By analog kitchen Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 pm
Hi there.

I'm just wondering if anyone has also experienced sync drops with the MPC being slaved .

Sometimes a project syncs but other times it doesn't. I had to restart a project more than 4 times before the MIDI sync worked again.

I didn't have it in previous updates but this problem started with 2.0.5

Anyone has any ideas?
By v00d00ppl Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:23 am
Admission of guilt: I bought an E-RM in October 2015 and never hooked it up.

I might use it with my 2000xl this weekend. What are you trying to sync it with?
By ChrisMPC Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 am
I use an ERM+ for my system (MPC Live standalone and various synths and drum machines) as masterclock and it works perfect!!!
BIg advantage: it always (!) sends clock - eg. MPC Live only sends clock when it is "playing"
By analog kitchen Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:20 am
Thanks for responding guys. Well, all worked fine a while ago. I’m sending clock from the ERm to my Octatrack and to the MPCL.

The MPC worked well till a few days ago but now it’s unresponsive to incoming MiDi sync.

It’s happened to me b4. I now send midi directly from The Lve to the Octa. But of course if anything happens then all goes silent. Which is why I use the multiclock.

I’ve tried different ports on the multi. Different cables. Everything is updated to the latest firmware so I suspect it being a bug in the MPC.
By Danoc Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 pm
So the Live can be the Master over a DAW?

ChrisMPC wrote:I use an ERM+ for my system (MPC Live standalone and various synths and drum machines) as masterclock and it works perfect!!!
BIg advantage: it always (!) sends clock - eg. MPC Live only sends clock when it is "playing"
By analog kitchen Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:52 pm
Danoc wrote:So the Live can be the Master over a DAW?

Yes it can. Also good to make an extra midi channel and cook up some program change msgs if you want to change patterns on other gear.

The problem is that it doesn't listen to incoming midi clock signals. Has anyone else experienced this???
By Danoc Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:02 pm
That's dope

analog kitchen wrote:
Danoc wrote:So the Live can be the Master over a DAW?

Yes it can. Also good to make an extra midi channel and cook up some program change msgs if you want to change patterns on other gear.

The problem is that it doesn't listen to incoming midi clock signals. Has anyone else experienced this???