MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By summer2k Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:13 pm
Over the last few months I've pretty much produced all my tracks on the X in standalone mode. I find that I am more focused and experience less distractions when all I have to work with is the X. I can't remember the last time I fired up Cubase Pro 9.5, Reason 10 or Studio One. I won't retire any of them yet cause I still need them for polishing up my tracks when it comes to final mixing and mastering.

I hope Akai keeps developing the Live and X and add features like PDC, audio disk streaming, which should open the door for more than 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, draw and edit automation in standalone, rearrange tracks and sequences, add more insert FX, add bus channels to standalone, add group/folder tracks, add better FX for mixing and mastering in standalone. I'm sure there are some things I didn't mention but these are the features that are most important to me. I would just as soon get rid of all my other DAWs in a heart beat if these features were added.

Let me hear from you guys if all you're pretty much using to produce your tracks is the Live or X. :nod:
By ringmaker Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm
mpc was always the brain and heart of my little studio as sampler, sequencer, drum machine and midi hub for my synths and i‘m pretty happy with the x so far. just a few little things i‘m still missing from jjos, but i feel like akai is really listening to the users and is working really hard to make it the best sampler available. better fx are coming btw (i’ll always prefer my hardware fx collection tho).
By Danoc Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:15 pm
Im glad you're having a blast in standalone with your X. I have the Live and l use it for drum programming. Its a beast no doubt.
I also use the 2.2 software. I won't rely solely on the Live.
I have Reason 10 and Studio One 3 both are beast. As synth sounds go l have top notch joints and l won't just ditch them plus lm proficient in R10. My gial was to be ITB and l am. I maje the live work with my DAWs. The Live does what l need and that's to export.
It doesn't have a strong enough CPU and not enough tracks for you music and vocals. But the software does and thst again involves a computer.

That said l got wamhat l need.and l'm happy. :-D

summer2k wrote:Over the last few months I've pretty much produced all my tracks on the X in standalone mode. I find that I am more focused and experience less distractions when all I have to work with is the X. I can't remember the last time I fired up Cubase Pro 9.5, Reason 10 or Studio One. I won't retire any of them yet cause I still need them for polishing up my tracks when it comes to final mixing and mastering.

I hope Akai keeps developing the Live and X and add features like PDC, audio disk streaming, which should open the door for more than 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, draw and edit automation in standalone, rearrange tracks and sequences, add more insert FX, add bus channels to standalone, add group/folder tracks, add better FX for mixing and mastering in standalone. I'm sure there are some things I didn't mention but these are the features that are most important to me. I would just as soon get rid of all my other DAWs in a heart beat if these features were added.

Let me hear from you guys if all you're pretty much using to produce your tracks is the Live or X. :nod:
By Guilleonline Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:46 am
+1 on all of these! I bought the MPCX with the intention of having it be my main recording device and creative production center. More audio tracks would definitely do plus the better effects for polishing and mixing it altogether. Glad to see I'm not alone in the needs and wants for the future of this machine. I will also add that indeed Akai has been more responsive than it has been in the past years and that makes it all even better. Any light on those new fx's coming out?

summer2k wrote:Over the last few months I've pretty much produced all my tracks on the X in standalone mode. I find that I am more focused and experience less distractions when all I have to work with is the X. I can't remember the last time I fired up Cubase Pro 9.5, Reason 10 or Studio One. I won't retire any of them yet cause I still need them for polishing up my tracks when it comes to final mixing and mastering.

By ringmaker Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm
Guilleonline wrote:Any light on those new fx's coming out?

i don’t know if they add new ones or just update but here’s a quote from xparis001 at the gearslutz mpc live thread: „... so we'd rather focus on more important things, like disk streaming, multimode, better effects, better mixer etc etc etc.“