MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By drey Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:24 am
Why the incoming midi clock is not transmitted to the midi output. they are transmitted when enabled play.I need to have a transfer in stop mode.
Bymember04959388 Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 pm
Live sends midi clock only when you press play.
If you stop the sequence, it doesn't send any midi clock.
By Wormhelmet Tue May 29, 2018 11:47 pm
Yes, that is what people are complaining about. People can either wait for Akai to address it, or just work without issues using a different clock source that sends all the time and has transport controls
By DeaDeus Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am
Great to see that a few people are looking forward to have this basic functionality implemented. I was thinking getting a separate clock. For now I have workarounds in place, extra steps for this simple functionality (my humble estimate) of constant MIDI Clock flow.
Bymember04959388 Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 pm
Yes it would be great to have a midi clock which sends time clock continuously.
My workaround at the moment is to sample something on the fly and let it run between a project load and the other.
By DeaDeus Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 am
Frisbi wrote:Yes it would be great to have a midi clock which sends time clock continuously.
My workaround at the moment is to sample something on the fly and let it run between a project load and the other.

YES - we need this urgently!
I simply use an empty Sequence - my first Sequence is anyway used to send MIDI information to my gear - program changes and SysEx data.
This is by the way one way to avoid lags of external gear if a program change is required. This is often complained about in this forum, but not an issue of the MPC, but of the external gear. My Korg M3 needs quite some time to change programs - a few milliseconds but an audible lag. The Virus is somehow faster - almost not audible.