MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Smackdee Fri May 04, 2018 8:05 pm
Yeah bro that's ober clean, would love an MPC60II color(theme) myself!!!!
By BremenCole Sat May 05, 2018 3:36 am
Wow, I’m impressed! Good job!
By Danoc Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 pm
Really nice. Maybe some company will come with different casings of assorted colors. My only thing about this below. I want something permanent.

By Ill-Green Tue May 08, 2018 1:06 am
Only permanent solution is casting the case in whatever color you want. Do not use resin or vinyl. Has to be ABS. Then in its liquid form, you mix color pigments in it. So if you mixed red, everytime you scratch it, will always be red. No white marks.
By alexbuga Tue May 08, 2018 8:22 am
Well, I messed up the edges a bit and they were peeling off. I also didn't like the rubber texture that much. I think it would've gotten dirty with time.
So I peeled it off. Man it works as advertised. It just came off.

Then, I decided to take the casing to a proper car painter. He didn't listened to me and he sprayed it a little bit thick so it was tricky to put back the display, but overall it looks much better than plastidip.

By alexbuga Tue May 08, 2018 8:23 am
PS: Don't send me anything. I'm not even close to a painter. I'm a designer / developer that loves customising his stuff with the risk of voiding his warranty.
By Danoc Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 am
lma leave my Live Black like it is.
By alexbuga Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 am
Well I'm not forcing anyone to make it white :))
I was just posting photos for other people who are curious how it will look.

PS: I've talked with someone from MPCStuff.com and they'll have plastic casings on stock in case you mess up the paint job.
Apparently they'll sell custom painted ones too, AAAND there's a metal casing in the works. That should be interesting.
Because the LIVE is very well built inside. If you'll add a metal casing to it it'll be a tank :D
By Danoc Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 pm
We know you're not trying to force anyone. I like your pics. :-)
Metal may be the way to go.

alexbuga wrote:Well I'm not forcing anyone to make it white :))
I was just posting photos for other people who are curious how it will look.

PS: I've talked with someone from MPCStuff.com and they'll have plastic casings on stock in case you mess up the paint job.
Apparently they'll sell custom painted ones too, AAAND there's a metal casing in the works. That should be interesting.
Because the LIVE is very well built inside. If you'll add a metal casing to it it'll be a tank :D
By Danoc Thu May 10, 2018 9:47 pm
Me tool if its metal. Reminds me of the 2000XL :nod: :smoker:

Ill-Green wrote:Did you say metal casing? :o

I want it!!! :smoker:
By rvense Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 pm
Personally, I don't want a metal case at all, quite the opposite. The bottom and back of the Live is an L-shaped piece of metal, and it's about 800g on its own - almost a third of the weight of the unit! I'd much rather have an ABS replacement for that.