MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eclipxe Sun May 20, 2018 5:12 am
Love my MPC - here are the main things missing
(P0 = highest priority, P3 = lower)
    P0-Sidechain support in standalone mode!!!!
    P0-Capture mode (always record midi, even when not in record mode, like Ableton Live's Capture and FL Studio's dump score to piano roll)
    P0-Ability to warp keygroups in standalone mode!!!!
    P1-More piano roll tools (brush/pencil)
    P0-Standalone mode automation editing
    P1-Ability to draw in piano roll/grid and set length in one motion (maybe with shift or pencil/brush difference - current mode would be brush mode)
    P2-Fold notes mode in grid editor
    P1-Only show notes in selected scale/key in grid editor
    P2-Incoming midi map to scale (pitch quantize in real time)
    P1-Convert 16 levels pad to Keygroup (and P2-Keygroup to Pad with notes to tune)
    P2-Chord stamp, and drum roll stamp in Grid editor
    P2-Spectrum analyzer for EQ
    P3-Built in simple synth
    P3-Linked tracks across sequences (mark a track as linked to a group, any other sequence with a linked track will keep the same midi - change in one place, changes everywhere)
    P1-Quick zoom while in draw mode in grid editor
    P1-Q Link controls for zoom in/out/pan up/down in Grid Editor
    P1-Lock keygroup to all when in Program Edit (like zone lock in Drum groups)
    P1-Tapping a pad in the grid editor for drum groups should playback the pad (like in keygroups)
    P0-Portamento/glide/slide in both drum (16 level) and keygroups
Last edited by eclipxe on Sun May 20, 2018 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
By mr_debauch Sun May 20, 2018 5:40 am
I agree, especially about the editing automation type stuff... it should have it's own tab with the list of params that were affected on the track and the ability to go in and redraw the shape or delete it etc.

Also, some more effects I think would be nice and maybe a way to tick favorites so you don't need to scroll all the way down for reverb. I think we need a reverb 3 with more params to adjust so we can tune it to the music or sound that it's applied to. A dedicated limiter would be nice too.. maybe a few other basic things.. nothing crazy.

disk streaming would have been cool (think the roland/boss SP series) because sometimes some songs are long and when you try to do anything in the sample edit window to it... the machine crashes (extract new sample, delete outside of the markers, and other edits) That really makes you wonder why akai went with such a low RAM spec... it should have been at least double... it would have cost peanuts extra.
By ringmaker Sun May 20, 2018 3:54 pm
some of what you asking for would be nice or even necessary, but some of it is way too much for what this machine is made for/capable of. it‘s not a daw, it‘s a sampler/sequencer.

like a synth. seriously? a cheap va costs next to nothing and the mpc would even sound worse than those with such little processing power. just sample a waveform and you have synth already with lfo, adsr, filter and whatnot.

just saying. don‘t get your hopes too high.
By kaydigi Sun May 20, 2018 4:36 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:I find it almost unbelievable that no one’s mentioning Disk Streaming & Multi-timbral Midi!!!Should be there from Day 1!!!
Jeez...No wonder why is not happened yet...

We’ve asked for it multiple times, Dan said it’s nowhere near ready it. They have been working on it for over a year now, since launch.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Mon May 21, 2018 5:09 am
I confirmed this also with Ross Davies from AKAI when i saw him in Superbooth...
kaydigi wrote:
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:I find it almost unbelievable that no one’s mentioning Disk Streaming & Multi-timbral Midi!!!Should be there from Day 1!!!
Jeez...No wonder why is not happened yet...

We’ve asked for it multiple times, Dan said it’s nowhere near ready it. They have been working on it for over a year now, since launch.
By eclipxe Mon May 21, 2018 5:27 am
Fanu wrote:
eclipxe wrote:P0-After drawing in a note in grid edit, automatically select it. Will make nudging/adjusting length with the data dial 100x easier.

This is a good one. Send your suggs using the app :)

:-)

Yeah they're going to be pissed Monday morning - I've been sending these all weekend in the app. The little quality of life changes can add up and really help - hopefully some are simple.
By mr_debauch Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 pm
one design thing that pisses me off about the live is how they went with a 1/8" headphone output instead of 1/4"... a standard used on every other piece of music equipment ever manufactured.
By Danoc Wed May 23, 2018 8:10 pm
Why do you hate the 1/8?

mr_debauch wrote:one design thing that pisses me off about the live is how they went with a 1/8" headphone output instead of 1/4"... a standard used on every other piece of music equipment ever manufactured.
By sbtst6 Thu May 24, 2018 2:48 am
1. Portamento
2. Sample Chop Lock (Being able to lock chops/Slices like in Recycle, Serato Sample "Favorite", etc...) Very useful for chopping via transient: would be a huge workflow improvement for chopping)
3. Default hardware to Standalone or Controller mode when powering on (if Possible)
4. Tighter Integration with the hardware and GUI... Kind of weird that the hardware selection follows some of the hardware selections...
5. Automation on editing on the Hardware upgrade... (cant delete automation lanes on hardware kind of sucks.. Have to save the project in standalone, then open it in controller mode to actually edit automation better)
6. Sidechain
7. Better integration with VIP would be nice.