MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By lordradish Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm
Hey, folks,

Getting ready to buy a sampler, and MPCLIVE seems like the best for my needs, but after searching, I can't seem to get a definite answer.can this do crossfade looping? I work with a lot of pads that I just want to loop for a long time. Can I do this?
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 21, 2018 3:49 pm
The MPC can sustain loop which will give you the ability to play a sample for a long as you want, but as it has no crossfading it is very difficult to find a click free loop on complex sounds like pads, acoustic samples etc. The MPC has a fairly basic sampler in this respect. So the definitive answer you seek is 'Yes it has sustain looping, but no, it does not have crossfading'. People have been requesting crossfading since MPC Software 1.0. but Akai have mde no indication that they are even considering it.

The MPC is not the all encompassing solution, it never will be, you'll always need to supplement it with other software/hardware.
By Danoc Tue May 22, 2018 3:49 am
lordradish wrote:Okay, thanks.

On your loops in another software DAW you should put a 0.10 Fade on all your samples. This will be on the "End Fade" at the end of the loop. Same applies to the beginning of a loop.
By Fanu Wed May 23, 2018 10:36 am
renegadebliss wrote:codes in the MPC 4000 and every stand alone sampler that AKai has made. It's not like they are inventing the wheel or anything.. just re-use your work...

I'm not a coder, but yeah, this is what I can't help thinking either.