MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By W.Maybelline Thu May 24, 2018 9:15 pm
I just wonder if you could please assist where to look for something i'd love to achieve,

(ive already been trying for weeks since i got the mpc live).. Basically, I wish to Record a synth line (lets say a vst of a Solina string synth) then,

make a seamless loop of it (ive been trying but keep getting a pop/cliping sound no matter how i try connect the loop) then add a bit of decay.. to sound close to actually using the synth on the mpc, thats my goal.

Any help at all would be deeply appreciated, thank you!!
By Lampdog Thu May 24, 2018 10:12 pm
Strings and pad synths are the HARDEST shits to loop. Why, because of so many harmonics.
You may just have to do a bowtie-loop and adjust to tastes cause a loop based on zero crossings don't play nice with these type of samples/instruments.
By Moho Fri May 25, 2018 12:39 am
If its a line rather than a single key use the looper, export the wave and then just trigger instead of looping.
Works a treat especially if your also recording fx, just make sure the line is playing before you hit record, then any delays / reverb at the end of the loop is recorded at the beginning for a seamless loop.
I use it a lot for frozen reverb type drones.