MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Tisu Sat May 26, 2018 8:09 pm
Hi,
I am using my MPC live with Abelton Live 10.. I am using Abelton as my sequencer, the MPC is in slave mode, receiving midi. Here's my Problem:
I want to assign the MPC to an individual midi channel, right now it receives midi from all channels, feels like it in midi omni mode.

Is there a way to assign to an individual midi channel ?

in my band we use ableton to change program of some machines and synth and make some automations.

and i want change my tracks and sync tempo on mpc but it its imposible, all midi sending are afecting my mpc

really frustranting.

i think in others mpc it is possible do it.

Thank you for your help.
By ChrisMPC Sun May 27, 2018 10:20 am
As of fw-version 2.2. mpc live is in omni-mode, no possibility to change that.
An alternative: you place between your PC and your MPC LIve a midi router (eg. from Midi Solutions) and program it to only let one channel through...
By renegadebliss Sun May 27, 2018 10:03 pm
ChrisMPC wrote:As of fw-version 2.2. mpc live is in omni-mode, no possibility to change that.
An alternative: you place between your PC and your MPC LIve a midi router (eg. from Midi Solutions) and program it to only let one channel through...

Seriously? They expect people to bring a Midi Router to a Live show to filter out Midi from external instruments... Akai's working really hard at helping my decision to upgrade from the 4000.
By Tisu Sun May 27, 2018 10:59 pm
ChrisMPC wrote:As of fw-version 2.2. mpc live is in omni-mode, no possibility to change that.

Thanks chris.

I hope they update it and add this option.