MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 pm
More power to you bro.

I made a blanket statement and you attacked me... I wasn’t talking to you personally and your technicals with the machine.

I only made the statement I did because this is a long thread that seems irrelivent from the title. I haven’t read most of the post just noticed it’s been trending on here for a few weeks.

Attack me more all you want, oh wise better than me power user.
By Danoc Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:45 pm
I spend at least 6 hours on the live when making tracks. I never say it can use this or that. Matter of fact for me it has to much that's why l didn't get the X.

But let me ask you. How much do yall want in a STANDALONE mode machine? Do yall expect it to be a Standalone, a DAW? Its part DAW now. Besides the bugs like how much stuff do you think they can put in these machines? You can only go so far, that's why you have the software. It can go further than standalone and use the power of your computer.

Akai gave you the options already. Asking to get bugs right l get but to keep asking for stuff on a limited machine is a bit redundant. I would look for it to work as expected period. Akai is still trying to fix that and dudes are onto "It needs this and that" when complaints keep coming in on the bugs.

These 2 machines will never be like Protools , Cubase, Reason 10, Bitwig, Studio one 4 eyc in standalone mode. NEVER! When are we going to talk about the things this crap can do?

If you're looking for a machine in the sizes of these machines thats a complete DAW it hasn't been invented! Where you can put third party Vsts like Omnisphere 2 in it, Nexus 2, Sylenth, Elysium Harps, Eastwest Vsts, Lethal, Notation , Alti-Verb, Spaces Reverb, etc.
It was invented but a much bigger size and it didn't sell like it was suppose to because it was $4,000-$5,000 and it could di all that.

Just my 8 cents :-D

CharlesRandolph wrote:If you read my post, I'm not complaining. I'm discussing possible solutions with like minded individuals. If your stances is "Stop hbitchin and make some beats you lazy mfer s.", then what you are contributing does not further the conversation.

But as you just said, you spend 1 a night working on your craft. So for you it does not a matter because it's your low priority hobby. However, try using a machine for 8 to 12 hours a day, then you'll soon discover what it is missing and what it needs more of.

The Power User are the one that push the gear forward. We know it and use it better than the creators of the machine. Most of the time they (company) do not know, what their machine is lacking because their mind-state is different. That's why they always say, "Man, I did not realize you were, using it that way." I've had this talk at NAMM, SUPERBOOTH, AES,Musikmesse, and so on.
Last edited by Danoc on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:16 pm
Yes it could last beyond that. Its up to the user. Im a person who takes care of my products , like they are brand new.

Knobs and buttons etc fell off the Legacy machines, it happens. No one counted out the 2000XL, 60, 3000 etc when that happened to them. Mpcstuff is where you can buy knobs and buttons etc for all machines.

The build is quite good. Its not a flimsy machine.

12bithead wrote:What do you think about the build quality of the Live? Will it last 10+ years?
I saw that Kev Brown already have a broken knob on his Live. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi978vOD2Aq ... wnpictures
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 am
Danoc wrote:I spend at least 6 hours on the live when making tracks. I never say it can use this or that. Matter of fact for me it has to much that's why l didn't get the X.

But let me ask you. How much do yall want in a STANDALONE mode machine? Do yall expect it to be a Standalone, a DAW? Its part DAW now. Besides the bugs like how much stuff do you think they can put in these machines? You can only go so far, that's why you have the software. It can go further than standalone and use the power of your computer.

Akai gave you the options already. Asking to get bugs right l get but to keep asking for stuff on a limited machine is a bit redundant. I would look for it to work as expected period. Akai is still trying to fix that and dudes are onto "It needs this and that" when complaints keep coming in on the bugs.

These 2 machines will never be like Protools , Cubase, Reason 10, Bitwig, Studio one 4 eyc in standalone mode. NEVER! When are we going to talk about the things this **** can do?

If you're looking for a machine in the sizes of these machines thats a complete DAW it hasn't been invented! Where you can put third party Vsts like Omnisphere 2 in it, Nexus 2, Sylenth, Elysium Harps, Eastwest Vsts, Lethal, Notation , Alti-Verb, Spaces Reverb, etc.
It was invented but a much bigger size and it didn't sell like it was suppose to because it was $4,000-$5,000 and it could di all that.

Just my 8 cents :-D

Yes, most of the bugs are software and I've never looked for it to be a DAW replacement. I just want something that can give more than, 6 outs (Live) or 8 outs (X). This is for the purpose of real time tracking into a recording console.

I would like to do it all in one pass. I know I can export stems, load them into the DAW, then re-track the audio back to the board, and return it back to the DAW. However, I would like to skip that entire process. Currently I sync 2 MPC 4000 each with 8 out card which gives me 16 direct out.

So I may mix and track the entire songs in one pass on the board. No plug in, no arranging inside the DAW. Just MPC to Console to DAW. This also helps with capturing the sound of the MPC. Also with the current MPC Live and X. I don't trust them, when they are being MIDI slaved.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 am
Cockdiesel wrote:More power to you bro.

I made a blanket statement and you attacked me... I wasn’t talking to you personally and your technicals with the machine.

I only made the statement I did because this is a long thread that seems irrelivent from the title. I haven’t read most of the post just noticed it’s been trending on here for a few weeks.

Attack me more all you want, oh wise better than me power user.

The only issue with a Blanket statements is that it tends to be self-serving and send the wrong message. Also what do I gain from attacking you, I'm here for shared conversation not EGO. I hold no animosity towards you.
Bymember04959388 Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 am
It works fine as a drum machine, a sequencer, a sampler, an effects box.
It's not a daw and it will never be.
Great to produce music, beats, patterns, and to tweak them live.
But it's quite crazy complicated to mix all inside it.
To record an entire track, I still use daw.
To play live, I still use a mixer.
I think it will always be like this.
By Danoc Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm
:worthy: You're a better man than myself with tracking out. Realtime recording if its not 4-8 bar loop it takes up a lot of disk space. Plus the cables are a nightmare for me. :Sigh:

A 3 or 4 minute song with 16 tracks would take up a lot of space.

If that's how you're doing it, its ok that's your setup.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Yes, most of the bugs are software and I've never looked for it to be a DAW replacement. I just want something that can give more than, 6 outs (Live) or 8 outs (X). This is for the purpose of real time tracking into a recording console.

I would like to do it all in one pass. I know I can export stems, load them into the DAW, then re-track the audio back to the board, and return it back to the DAW. However, I would like to skip that entire process. Currently I sync 2 MPC 4000 each with 8 out card which gives me 16 direct out.

So I may mix and track the entire songs in one pass on the board. No plug in, no arranging inside the DAW. Just MPC to Console to DAW. This also helps with capturing the sound of the MPC. Also with the current MPC Live and X. I don't trust them, when they are being MIDI slaved.
By Danoc Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:03 pm
Well I wonder how many people are using the standalone vs the controller mode. More than enough cried (even me) to have a new standalone that had modern functions. It seems like people have a grape more so over the standalone. So what is it, more bugs in standalone or in software.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Yes, most of the bugs are software.........
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:02 pm
Danoc wrote:Well I wonder how many people are using the standalone vs the controller mode. More than enough cried (even me) to have a new standalone that had modern functions. It seems like people have a grape more so over the standalone. So what is it, more bugs in standalone or in software.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Yes, most of the bugs are software.........

Perhaps its the software while in standalone. Especially for Electronic music composer who uses tons of effects, and like to twist lots of knobs during live performances. It feels like the MPC Live and X are still centered around a Hip Hop Composers work flow.

Also we are in a time were, there are tons of module external and desktop pieces are on the market. At NAMM 2018 there were so many of them introduced

Elektron Digitone
Moog Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
Yamaha EAD10
Korg Prologue Polyphonic Analog Synth
Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt
Arturia MiniBrute 2S
Behringer Neutron

This just name of few of them that were there. Almost every electronic music booth had some thing like that, which is great. However, to sync them all up and having a mixer to track each one is the issue that will arrive. It's the whole Dawless movement trend, that the MPC live and X are up against. That's why people want features on the machines and the X/LIVE may not have the processing power do them all.

It's the 1980's MIDI workflow all over again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By MaScHiNeHeAd Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:59 pm
[quote="Danoc"]Well I wonder how many people are using the standalone vs the controller mode. More than enough cried (even me) to have a new standalone that had modern functions. It seems like people have a grape more so over the standalone. So what is it, more bugs in standalone or in software.

I've pretty much produced inside the box. I only use the desktop software when absolutely necessary. Or when I fancy converting VST's........ 8) 8)
By Danoc Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 pm
Ok, now we are getting some where. Now I see what you're saying, software issue on the Machine, gotcha. That could be the case, but FOR ME I HAVE NO ISSUES. Others may have some.

I wouldn't say its centered around a HipHop work flow. It's geared towards whatever music you do. At first I thought it was geared towards EDM :lol: But when I started diving through it and getting to know it, I was like "This thing is for whatever and it's a dam beast!" It's a beautiful machine, but needs more upgrading. What I am loving right now is the sequencer, is tight as f**k! I can't get enough of it. When I first got it, it was kinda loose but now it's tight.

My plan initially was to have a tight sequencer, then the exporting, touch screen etc. I'm like this, I don't want 3 machines just give me the one I want and let me master it and I will take it from there. I always been an MPC head. I will never buy into any of those machines you mentioned.

I heard a guy talk about the movement to getting hardware back, which I plan on not following that dudes advice.
DAWless movement? They can try but I hardly doubt it will happen. I was at the time where we cut tape with razor blades, when ADATS were just coming in. I'd rather go back to ADAT and DATs before I go back to wheel to wheel tape and using freakin razor blades to edit. :Sigh: :WTF: :WTF: :Sigh: :vomit:

So they can do that all they want, I will keep my two DAWS and work in them, they are faster in editing and powerful.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Perhaps its the software while in standalone. Especially for Electronic music composer who uses tons of effects, and like to twist lots of knobs during live performances. It feels like the MPC Live and X are still centered around a Hip Hop Composers work flow.

Also we are in a time were, there are tons of module external and desktop pieces are on the market. At NAMM 2018 there were so many of them introduced

Elektron Digitone
Moog Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
Yamaha EAD10
Korg Prologue Polyphonic Analog Synth
Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt
Arturia MiniBrute 2S
Behringer Neutron

This just name of few of them that were there. Almost every electronic music booth had some thing like that, which is great. However, to sync them all up and having a mixer to track each one is the issue that will arrive. It's the whole Dawless movement trend, that the MPC live and X are up against. That's why people want features on the machines and the X/LIVE may not have the processing power do them all.

It's the 1980's MIDI workflow all over again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Ill-Green Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 pm
How terminology changed. I remember when one would say they produce in the box, that meant they were producing soley within the MPC :mrgreen:

I have to agree with Charles, there is a DAWless movement growing. People wanna do it all on the gear itself and maybe record to cassette. I think most people are just artists than producers. A DAW can cripple an artist's creativity just for its complexity to get started with. How many times I saw posts of people struggling with their DAWs.
By Danoc Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 pm
:lol: :lol: Yeah, that's been on my mind who is using the standalone more. I know I cried about it, and said openly that I would never use the software. :shock: :WTF: Man I went into the software and saw how dope it was and I was like "N.O.C. <----------Keep your Dammmmm mouf closed" :lol: I am digging the software and those free VSTs, I peed on myself knowing that LOL I was pissed cause I paid for Mini Grand, Velvet, Hybrid when I had Protools. Now that's one Program that will never come in my home studio. So the software is sweet, you get more audio tracks, and control things with the Live/X knobs.

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:
Danoc wrote:Well I wonder how many people are using the standalone vs the controller mode. More than enough cried (even me) to have a new standalone that had modern functions. It seems like people have a grape more so over the standalone. So what is it, more bugs in standalone or in software.

Hey bro you're like me ITB totally, except for the Live. :mrgreen:

Hey man I wanna help you change that pic on your profile when you're ready that ish scares me every time we chat LOL Let me know what pic you have and I will guide you through it.

I've pretty much produced inside the box. I only use the desktop software when absolutely necessary. Or when I fancy converting VST's........ 8) 8)