MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DeaDeus Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:32 am
Wormhelmet wrote:....
When the new MPC’s have their final version out, I’ll decide if it’s something I still want and if I can live with stated complaints or drawbacks from other owners, I’ll buy and never look back. That’s why I’m still hanging around here reading all the comments (also cuz its a great forum in general)

:smoker:

This exactly what I did :-) - most important for me was to keep somehow my workflow. And with some adjustments, I can still follow it - even had some improvements, where my old system lacked functionality.
- still: I need the continuous MIDI clock urgently - even though I have a workaround
Hope to see you soon in the community...
By Fanu Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am
I've come to realize, too, that accepting a device *as it is* is important and buying it while having future expectations can be painful.
Example 1: my own expectations for developments for Live at first
Example 2: users' expectations for Elektron Digitakt Overbridge....every time they post on IG, there's a ton of nagging about OB for DT still not being there.
By saltmcgault Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:22 pm
Emergingstates wrote:Far from failures, Live and X are truly great machines. I agree with all the positive comments posted above. Keep the negativity to yourself & stop blaming your tools.

I think he's more frustrated with the lack of support akai provides for thier new machines. There's really nothing wrong with pointing that out. I want to get a live in the future when it becomes cheaper but all this talk about lack of support and bugs are really starting to spook me. lol I own 2500 with jjos128xl installed i wish there was a manual to it. I figure alot out by just messing around but theres alot i want to know that i think a manual would explain other than that i really dont have any issues with my 2500. Some of the stuff Rockgod is talking about like with his mpctouch sounds like a nightmare especailly due to the fact that none of akai's equipment is cheap. Im happy you enjoy your live ive heard alot of good and bad things about it.
Bymember04959388 Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:00 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
Emergingstates wrote:Far from failures, Live and X are truly great machines. I agree with all the positive comments posted above. Keep the negativity to yourself & stop blaming your tools.

I think he's more frustrated with the lack of support akai provides for thier new machines. There's really nothing wrong with pointing that out. I want to get a live in the future when it becomes cheaper but all this talk about lack of support and bugs are really starting to spook me. lol I own 2500 with jjos128xl installed i wish there was a manual to it. I figure alot out by just messing around but theres alot i want to know that i think a manual would explain other than that i really dont have any issues with my 2500. Some of the stuff Rockgod is talking about like with his mpctouch sounds like a nightmare especailly due to the fact that none of akai's equipment is cheap. Im happy you enjoy your live ive heard alot of good and bad things about it.

I don't think the price of Live is going to get down soon.
Never mind about the complains in this forum, most of the people are just scared by the complexity of the machine which actually, as you learn how to use it, it's not that complex at all.
Get it or try it and then you can make your idea about it.
My Live works like a charm, there are some minor bugs sometimes but nothing that disturbs my workflow.
At the opposite, my workflow is much better now thanks to Mpc Live.
Don't try to understand a machine from the posts of a forum.
It would be like understanding if you like a girl from the comments of her abandoned lovers.
By Wormhelmet Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:15 pm
Frisbi wrote:I don't think the price of Live is going to get down soon.
Never mind about the complains in this forum, most of the people are just scared by the complexity of the machine which actually, as you learn how to use it, it's not that complex at all.
My Live works like a charm, there are some minor bugs sometimes but nothing that disturbs my workflow.
It would be like understanding if you like a girl from the comments of her abandoned lovers.

Totally disagree and all my research has always served me well in purchases and being satisfied with them.

Blind leaps of faith with money never seem like a wise idea
Bymember04959388 Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:41 pm
Wormhelmet wrote:
Frisbi wrote:I don't think the price of Live is going to get down soon.

Totally disagree and all my research has always served me well in purchases and being satisfied with them.

Blind leaps of faith with money never seem like a wise idea

Really?
I made big mistakes because of the forums, especially when I was reading posts about pedal effects.
I almost wasted 300 bucks for a delay which was a sort of fraud, advertised as a 12 engines delay when actually it was 1 engine delay with 12 different settings.
It came out that the boss of the delay company was very active in the forum as a sort of hidden trickster.
I have the feeling sometimes forums are full of this kind of people and also full of people who simply misunderstand what you are looking for.
It also happens the opposite, though.
So everyone has its own experience about it.
By Ill-Green Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:25 pm
Everything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt. I got took for the Beat Thang years ago before its official release, they had preorders open but never got filled after a year and a half, so I demanded my money back after I found out the Kangz sold their machine to a private corp. It was risky, but I learned my lesson.

However, I can't relate to 90% of member's workflow here so imagine me trying to comprehend steps and advice from others. I can relate to some things and do like reading one's different methods and tricks.
Bymember04959388 Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 am
Well internet is just a reflex of the real world. You have to move carefully because a lot of people try to convince you about what they are convinced of or try to sell you what they produce.
I was a lot inside a guitar effects forum some months ago because I wanted to buy some pedals to use with my setup and I didn't have much experience about that.
My experience has been a bit bitter.
Especially because this kind of forums are filled with company bosses who pretend to be friendly and to give you suggestions.
At the end I bought some useless effects that were much different from what they advertise but fortunately I had the chance to get some refunds or sell them back.
What I like about this forum and the other official Akai one is that people are honestly trying to resolve or fix problems without trying to convince you about anything else.
Ok,Akai is not good in entertain the audience but maybe it's better like this.
By Danoc Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:25 am
With my Live it exceeded my expectations. It does more than what l need. But its solid and l have fun again with it. I bately complain it gotta be something crazy for me to complain. Dudes be buggin
By Eyalc Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am
I'll concur that they're not finished. I have an X and a Live - both have their short-comings. I use the X in the studio, and the Live for when I travel.

IMO though, they're not a failure. People are using them every day to make great music. My latest project called Blue Notes - 80% done on an MPC. The other 20% was DAW work for mixing, and some tweaks to the arrangement. All things I could have done in the MPC, but it was already in my DAW, so it was just quicker to do it there.

I do respect the fact that for some people the features aren't there. But if that's the case, there are a lot of options out there. Keep hunting for that piece of gear that gives you the inspiration to write and produce. If I ever get to the point that the MPC doesn't fulfill what I need, I'll drop them quick. lol

By Fanu Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:41 pm
saltmcgault wrote:so what upgrades are necessary to make the live function the best? anything in particular?

• The lack of automation lanes on the touchscreen is super baffling…
• …and so is the lack of the ability to delete specific automation on standalone (you can only delete *all* automation per track)
• Plugin delay compensation on software is still not there, meaning tracks/pads easily fall out of sync if you use some 3rd party plugins
By Sharris Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:42 pm
saltmcgault wrote:I own 2500 with jjos128xl installed i wish there was a manual to it.

There is a manual for the MPC 2500 as well as the different versions of JJOS. Google "MPC 2500 manual" & it should pop up. I have it saved on my ipad & when I first got the 2500 I printed out chapters I felt were handy. Same with JJOS. JJOS "manual" is a little different, but it definitely provides instructions on how to use the different functions.
By mr_debauch Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Fanu wrote:
• The lack of automation lanes on the touchscreen is super baffling…
• …and so is the lack of the ability to delete specific automation on standalone (you can only delete *all* automation per track)

:nod: